website statistics

World Beach Games 2019

Olympian1010

Przed chwilą, Olympian1010 napisał:

Some of us have no social lives so.....

I’ll give you a better :POL update tomorrow with results and whatnot. 

Cool, I'm still sleeping. I only slept and slept for work all weekend just 6 hours, so everything comes to me slowly.

Thanks in advance that in general you want something like that especially for me.

Przed chwilą, Olympian1010 napisał:

And now for my...checks clock...6 hours of sleep ? 

For me, 6 hours of sleep is perfect. During Rio I slept for 2-3 hours all the time and then I had to get sick of it, because my brain couldn't stand the pace.

@TomJa I'll relieve @Olympian1010 from his promise and do it myself ;) 

So :POL 

- Beach Handball - our girls won with :AUS 2:0 (15:12, 19:12) and :CHN 2:0 (22:20, 21:13), lost with :VIE 1:2 (21:20, 16:22, 4:7), :ESP 1:2 (7:16, 16:12) and :GRE 1:2 (21:20, 14:18). They took 4th place in group B and today will play in quarterfinal with winners of group A - :BRA (didn't lose a single period yet)

- Beach Volleyball 4x4 - our guys won with :MOZ 2:0 (21, 22) and :CHI 2:0 (19, 13), lost with :AUS 0:2 (21, 15). They took second place in group B and in todays quarterfinal will play with third team of group A - :GER 

- Open Water Swimming - our only swimmer Krzysztof Pielowski was 6th in 5 km. To the winner ( :ITA Guidi) he lost 8 seconds, to the medal 5 seconds.

- Aquathlon - Alicja Ulatowska was 7th in women's race. She lost 1:26 to the winner ( :ESP Tous) and 0:47 to the medal. Kamil Damentka was 15th in men's competition. He lost 1:45 to the winner ( :ESP Vinuela) and 1:24 to the medal.

- Kitefoil - Julia Damasiewicz was second in first women's race and Magdalena Wojciechowska was 5th. In men's race Maksymilian Zakowski was 12th.

Today our athletes play in quarterfinals in handball and volleyball and start in next kitefoil races (there are planned seven of them for each gender but I don't know if it's possible - some of them are rescheduled from yesterday).

Huge upset in the beach Handball quarterfinals. :DEN 0 - 2 :ESP. Denmark was first in their group (not losing a match), and Spain was fourth in theirs.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

@phelps this is the first time I’ve seen your young boulder prodigy. She’s gotten the farthest on the first boulder (before the best twi in the semifinals). I’m quite impressed.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Fly_like_a_don said:

But they performed badly :cry:

Yes, but :USA advanced and that’s what matters :p

:VIE on to the women’s beach handball semifinals. Their medal hopes are still alive.

Pakistan only has one athlete at the games, but he’s doing damn well in Beach wrestling right now.