website statistics

World Beach Games 2019

Olympian1010

Just now, NaBUru38 said:

Roman gladiators fought on sand... :D

And on water :yes

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Very interesting development. Both :EGY and :ALG have pulled their delegations from the games. If I had to guess, I’d say they’re boycotting the event at the asking of the Arab Council (or whatever that international organization is called). Interestingly :OMA:UAE:TUN:MAR are still attending the games at the moment...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Team sizes on the first page of the thread have been completely updated. There were quite a few changes it turns out. By my count there’s still about 6 quotas empty.

Early look at the medal design:

80CBC1B8-F46E-4345-8B01-23E3C01CF3C7.jpeg

Supposedly the medal itself is shaped like a pebble. The artistic designs feature marine life. 

I really like the results website for these games. It functions well and gives me the information I want. The app works great too :yes

It looks like you’ll be able to catch the games live here: https://www.awbgqatar.com/watch-live/

The venue for tomorrow’s opening ceremony :wub:. Entry to all events at the World Beach Games is free, so there should be a crowd at all the events.

E426385C-1F0A-4DA0-83A1-D9F5C656D3DE.jpeg0858BAD3-68B6-43A0-AF0D-EABB41A34C74.jpegFAC95C09-F4C3-4A6F-8BE4-2F82540CB3D8.jpeg