website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2019

Wumo

10 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

GB is the favorite for the gold, would be amazing for them to end this competition with 3 golds, especially because it is pretty unlikely for them to win any golds next year.

That's a brave prediction given they'll go into the Games with at least three or four strong contenders. I actually think KJT would have beaten Thiem even if she had been fully fit and if she continues her improvement in the two throwing events if will be very hard for the latter to beat her. In the men's sprint relay it is difficult to look beyond GB and the US at this stage - maybe an inspired Japan - and GB have a much better record at getting the baton round the track than the US in recent years. Nothing is guaranteed but saying they are unlikely to top the podium is I think being overly negative.

Just now, Nickyc707 said:

That's a brave prediction given they'll go into the Games with at least three or four strong contenders. I actually think KJT would have beaten Thiem even if she had been fully fit and if she continues her improvement in the two throwing events if will be very hard for the latter to beat her. In the men's sprint relay it is difficult to look beyond GB and the US at this stage - maybe an inspired Japan - and GB have a much better record at getting the baton round the track than the US in recent years. Nothing is guaranteed but saying they are unlikely to top the podium is I think being overly negative.

Interested in a bet?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.