website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2019

Wumo

Disgusting result in men's hammer throw. Another medal for a (confirmed) doper. I feel sorry for the french people that they are represented by someone like him.

Also nice by Fajdek to set himself up for another monster choke at the olympics next year.

Expected gold for DAS in the absence of SMU, SAFP, Ta Lou and Thompson. I don't see her winning more than a bronze medal next year, so this probably was a once in a lifetime chance for her. Looking at the other girls in the final i would say that she is the only one with a realistic chance to make the final in Tokyo next year. Absolutely ridiculous to see that 22.51 is enough for bronze, very hard to imagine this not being the worst medal winning performance here. Schippers will probably cry herself to sleep tonight, considering that she probably could have run 22.51 on one leg.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

Disgusting result in men's hammer throw. Another medal for a (confirmed) doper. I feel sorry for the french people that they are represented by someone like him.

Also nice by Fajdek to set himself up for another monster choke at the olympics next year.

Expected gold for DAS in the absence of SMU, SAFP, Ta Lou and Thompson. I don't see her winning more than a bronze medal next year, so this probably was a once in a lifetime chance for her. Looking at the other girls in the final i would say that she is the only one with a realistic chance to make the final in Tokyo next year. Absolutely ridiculous to see that 22.51 is enough for bronze, very hard to imagine this not being the worst medal winning performance here. Schippers will probably cry herself to sleep tonight, considering that she probably could have run 22.51 on one leg.

Nope. She'd have won gold in 2001 with that time (after Marion Jones DQ). Debbie Ferguson's time was 22.52 ;)

24 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

European 400m running is so far behind. European record is still 44.35 or something - there are dozens of guys out there better than that. 

Sure ... in reality 44.35 would mean a 9th place in the world this year

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, Monzanator said:

Nope. She'd have won gold in 2001 with that time (after Marion Jones DQ). Debbie Ferguson's time was 22.52 ;)

So ... ?

What a final :lol: 

Shubenkov got so close :( 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!