website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2019

Wumo

Just now, Monzanator said:

But you said doping is more likely in track events yet LJ is reliant on speed. So any sprinter doing LJ isn't less suspicious at all :finger:

Speed is more important in sprint than in long jump obviously, so drugs that improve your speed are less effective in LJ than in sprint. I also think there are far less doping cases in LJ. Like i said: When you reach that level, you are for sure suspicious, but i dont think that GDR methods had anything to do with her improvement. Today science is much more developed, only athletes in 3rd world countries still have to use GDR methods to dope.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, dcro said:

Well, she was made in :URS and competed for :URS when she set WR. :p

Sure. I know and I think it would be more fair, but the thing is the WR is now listed as SVK, even if it´s weird, it´s just a fact :p

However more weird was the fact that the SVK NR in Javelin Throw was listed  Ján Železný...IAAF had really a lot of troubles in the early 90s figuring everything when a gazillion of new countries became independent :lol:

Just now, Monzanator said:

Chistyakova used to be :SVK NR holder in triple jump though! Just ask @hckosice

Right and in Atlanta 1996 she was supposed to be the huge chance for the first historic medal, but epically failed :lol: Thankfully the 16 years old boy named Michal Martikán made it in canoe slalom