website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2019

Wumo

Just now, Monzanator said:

I picked Vetter-Hofmann 1-2 so they better don't screw this up. Kirt for bronze is my pick ;)

I literally picked 5 medals for :GER  Kaul makes it 1/5 but also two in the JV + Klosterhalfen & Mihambo.

Well, look at Hoffmann now :mumble:

Just now, Monzanator said:

I picked Vetter-Hofmann 1-2 so they better don't screw this up. Kirt for bronze is my pick ;)

I literally picked 5 medals for :GER  Kaul makes it 1/5 but also two in the JV + Klosterhalfen & Mihambo.

German TV just talked to the national coach and he said that Hofmann is in great shape, but his left leg is "too soft", otherwise he would easily be throwing 84 m. Röhler on the other hand has had a technical flaw for multiple months now, so his performance wasnt a shock. Röhler also said that he is focused on Tokyo already and i still consider him the favorite for 2020.

I am surprised you picked only 5 medals for Germany ... what about Hussong, Krause, Schwanitz, women's 4 x 100 m relay?

I think Germany will end up with 6 medals (Klosterhalfen, Mihambo, Vetter), which is decent, considering the missed chances by Hussong, Linke, the women's 4 x 100 m relay, Hofmann (probably) and the absence of Carolin Schäfer (who could have won bronze in her normal shape).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

German TV just talked to the national coach and he said that Hofmann is in great shape, but his left leg is "too soft", otherwise he would easily be throwing 84 m. Röhler on the other hand has had a technical flaw for multiple months now, so his performance wasnt a shock. Röhler also said that he is focused on Tokyo already and i still consider him the favorite for 2020.

I am surprised you picked only 5 medals for Germany ... what about Hussong, Krause, Schwanitz, women's 4 x 100 m relay?

I think Germany will end up with 6 medals (Klosterhalfen, Mihambo, Vetter), which is decent, considering the missed chances by Hussong, Linke, the women's 4 x 100 m relay, Hofmann (probably) and the absence of Carolin Schäfer (who could have won bronze in her normal shape).

I'd have to pick ALL :GER medal hopefuls to follow this idea and you know it never works. I got gold & silver right in the 3000 SC and had some Kenyan for bronze instead of Krause. Also Gong, Thomas-Dodd and another American in the shot put. Went with USA, Jamaica & GB in the women's 4x100 relay. I picked Ogrodnikova over Hussong in the JV (with Lyu & Barber at 1-2).

Returning to something we were talking about a couple of days ago, the distance measurement screen graphics in the Long Jump here are not accurate, jumps measured at 6.50 look more like 6.75 on the graphics. 

Edited by Grassmarket