website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2019

Wumo

1 hour ago, Grassmarket said:

It's not just Germany.  I have problems with France & Australia as well. :yes

The British have a lot of hate  and resentment towards foreigners 

I think they hate Australians the most  or at least the loudest as they are safe to hate under very tough UK law as Aussies are mainly white so it's legal 

In my experience  most people have a love hate relationship with England ( as they also do with USA ). They admire the past contribution but dislike  ( not hate ) the English of today 

For instance England is the foundation country of sport as we know it today . But we have to put up with England always trying to run everything   Have you seen those dreadful IAAF  World Athletics Club videos on you tube for example 

Just now, rajiv said:

I think they hate Australians the most  or at least the loudest as they are safe to hate under very tough UK law as Aussies are mainly white so it's legal 

In my experience  most people have a love hate relationship with England ( as they also do with USA ). They admire the past contribution but dislike  ( not hate ) the English of today 

For instance England is the foundation country of sport as we know it today . But we have to put up with England always trying to run everything   Have you seen those dreadful IAAF  World Athletics Club videos on you tube for example 

Yep, that's us all right!  Hate everyone, and always cheat.  You're welcome for the railways btw.  :smash:. Also drink too much. :toast:

Edited by Grassmarket

What a stinker by Victor ... :facepalm:

Amazing competition in termes of entertainment, but also really weird to see Mayer and Victor in trouble. Rarely we see such an open decathlon. I hope that Kaul keeps his nerves and somehow gets 4.80 m or at least 4.70 m in pole vault, then he might have a small chance for a medal.

Edit: Weird championships for France. Their 2 gold medal favorites Diniz and Mayer didnt/dont perform as expected and on the other hand they got surprising medals in mens hammer throw and mens 110 m hurdles.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

I think GB will be the best european nation in the medal table. Poland will probably end this competition with 1 gold. France should get 1 gold at best. Germany could end up with 3 golds or 0. GB already has 1 gold and could end up with 4 or even 5 golds, although 2 or 3 golds seem more likely for them. Surprising to see that GB could win the european medal table here, considering that i expect France and Poland and maybe also Germany to win more golds in Tokyo.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

5 minutes ago, rajiv said:

I am not sure you can conclude anything from what Grassmarket said. I am not sure he even is from GB, considering that he writes more comments related to Germany than to GB. Still i have to agree that british people often have their "own mind" and therefore a lot of people in Europe are often irritated by their behavior. You often get the feeling that british people, or at least their politicians, are still stuck in the past and are overestimating the importance of GB in the world. I have never been to GB, but from what i heard there are a lot of beautiful places over there and most people i have spoken to said that the people are very nice and often have a great sense of humor.