website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2019

Wumo

now that we have a little break I had the chance to recheck something I was wondering about yesterday: Here is a screenshot of the 3rd attempt of Katerina Johnson-Thompson in Shot Put, measured as 13.86m. The red mark is where the shot actually came down. Still a good throw for her, but 13.86? I doubt that considering the 12/14m measures on the field in the picture. Are the measures on the field wrong? This ofc cannot be rechecked, but I did not had the impression that they are wrong when watching the other throws.

shot.JPG

9 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

It's not just Germany.  I have problems with France & Australia as well. :yes

At least you are honest. So you wanna take the bet?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, LowerSaxony said:

now that we have a little break I had the chance to recheck something I was wondering about yesterday: Here is a screenshot of the 3rd attempt of Katerina Johnson-Thompson in Shot Put, measured as 13.86m. The red mark is where the shot actually came down. Still a good throw for her, but 13.86? I doubt that considering the 12/14m measures on the field in the picture. Are the measures on the field wrong? This ofc cannot be rechecked, but I did not had the impression that they are wrong when watching the other throws.

But did they measure it from the right mark?  Easy to believe lines are wrong, it's possible that they measured the wrong mark, but I don't think that the equipment itself can be rigged. So, using Sherlock Holme's principles, the wrong mark is the most likely error.