website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2019

Wumo

9 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Tokyo? It’s like the Germans are concentrating on Paris.  :roflmao:

Why are you so obsessed with Germany? :mumble:

Want to put your money where your mouth is?

If GB finishes ahead of Germany in the athletics medal table in Tokyo i will give you 100 €, if it is the other way round, you will give me 100 €. Deal?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 hour ago, Pifta said:

If it is virtually impossible for a European athlete to finish on the podium at the 100m races, why isn't it true for the hurdles?

Or is the russian silver a miracle?

Because the really fast guys/girls from Jamaica, the US, Africa and Bahamas/Trinidad and Tobago are focusing on the flat distances, so only the less talented runners compete in the hurdles events and therefore you can make up for a lack of speed with great technique, like Shubenkov, Hejnova, Roleder, Pearson, Dutkiewicz and many more. If some of the elite sprinters would focus on the hurdles, than the white guys/girls would never again win medals there.

The same is true for the 3000 m SC, if some of the top kenyan/ethiopian talentes would focus on that event, then girls like Krause or Coburn would have no chance to win a medal.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 godzinę temu, Monzanator napisał:

Btw, Wojciech Nowicki has been awarded bronze medal since Halasz's 78,18m throw has been proved to be overstepped in the circle. Since the protest was lodged after the competition ended, he gets to keep his medal too.

Judging here is disaster, but they came up with a fair resolution at least.

I am unashamed, at getting nothing done.

10 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Tokyo? It’s like the Germans are concentrating on Paris.  :roflmao:

It's not exactly a News, that Germany biggest medal chances here are on the very last day of the World Championships (Long Jump women and Javelin men). A glance on the schedule would tell you. At this stage of the WC I expected one medal, and this is exactly what we got. Though I expected Hussong to be the medalist.

Though I still have some hope for a Decathlon medal. Kaul had a pretty good first day, only roughly 30 Points behind his PB. And his second day is the much stronger one, particularly Javelin and 1500m. It will be very difficult, though, since Victor is in excellent shape. If Victor continues like this, I think he will not only win Bronze but also defeat Warner for Silver.

Edited by EselTheDonkey

1 hour ago, EselTheDonkey said:

It's not exactly a News, that Germany biggest medal chances here are on the very last day of the World Championships (Long Jump women and Javelin men). A glance on the schedule would tell you. At this stage of the WC I expected one medal, and this is exactly what we got. Though I expected Hussong to be the medalist.

Though I still have some hope for a Decathlon medal. Kaul had a pretty good first day, only roughly 30 Points behind his PB. And his second day is the much stronger one, particularly Javelin and 1500m. It will be very difficult, though, since Victor is in excellent shape. If Victor continues like this, I think he will not only win Bronze but also defeat Warner for Silver.

Agree. By now, Victor should be the favourite for Bronze if he gets himself togehter for a decent 1500m run and I think this would be well deserved. He performs great so far! Also Uibo is still a contender if he can manage to come over the hurdles passably. To be honest, Kaul wasn't the main favourite for Bronze prior to the competition to me (although still a contender). He already had his main event this year with the Under-23 European Championships in July (which resulted in his 8572 PB) and also repsecting the fact that this is his first major event on a World level, it would be a great result for him if he achieves a TOP 5 result with decent points around 8500. Moreover, the measurement desaster in long jump (he first got 6.32m measured for a jump which actually was 7.19m) was definitely challenging for him. However, he needs to get close to his PB's in nearly all events left to achieve a result over 8500 (which includes ~78m in javelin and ~4:16min in 1500m run), so even TOP5 will not be easy.

Edit: By the way, German commentators call Lindon Victor CONSTANTLY "Victor Lindon". I fear that I need to eat the F**king TV if this goes on today :lol:. So disrespectful, I am sure they never heard of him before or forgot the fact that they did exactly the same thing on previous championships ;-)

Edited by LowerSaxony

55 minutes ago, LowerSaxony said:

Agree. By now, Victor should be the favourite for Bronze if he gets himself togehter for a decent 1500m run and I think this would be well deserved. He performs great so far! Also Uibo is still a contender if he can manage to come over the hurdles passably. To be honest, Kaul wasn't the main favourite for Bronze prior to the competition to me (although still a contender). He already had his main event this year with the Under-23 European Championships in July (which resulted in his 8572 PB) and also repsecting the fact that this is his first major event on a World level, it would be a great result for him if he achieves a TOP 5 result with decent points around 8500. Moreover, the measurement desaster in long jump (he first got 6.32m measured for a jump which actually was 7.19m) was definitely challenging for him. However, he needs to get close to his PB's in nearly all events left to achieve a result over 8500 (which includes ~78m in javelin and ~4:16min in 1500m run), so even TOP5 will not be easy.

Edit: By the way, German commentators call Lindon Victor CONSTANTLY "Victor Lindon". I fear that I need to eat the F**king TV if this goes on today :lol:. So disrespectful, I am sure they never heard of him before or forgot the fact that they did exactly the same thing on previous championships ;-)

If Kaul equals his PB in all of the remaining events, he would get to 8626 points, so i am not sure you are correct. He definitely needs some very surprising results to get over 8600 points, which is what it will probably take to get bronze. Lindon Victor hasn't a great record at this level either, so i still think that there is a chance for him to mess up. I expected Kaul to win bronze at least (because i am not sure whether Gävle really was his main focus this year), but if he gets to around 8600 points here and finishes 4th or 5th then that also would be a great achievement. If his trajectory continues like that (and he gets to around 8800 points next year) then there wont be anyone next year besides Mayer who can realistically beat him at the olympics.

3 hours ago, hckosice said:

Updated Results from October 2nd, 2019

Men´s Hammer Throw:

1. Pawel FAJDEK  :POL  80.50

2. Quentin BIGOT  :FRA  78.19SB

3. Bence HALÁSZ  :HUN  78.18

3. Wojciech NOWICKI  :POL  77.69

Full Final Result HEE

How come both athletes share bronze medal if Halasz attempt proven to be wrong?