website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2019

Wumo

Just now, ofan said:

Well then what do you call it? It's too short to be middle-distance

I just call it the 400m :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, LDOG said:

There are 7 south american nations with legit olympic medal chances next year. Would be historic if it happens. Maybe 8 if Uruguay can qualify in football.

Time for Bolivia and Paraguay to step up :evil: 

A Paraguayan man won this year's South American marathon championships. I'm not sure what are his chances in a global event, but let's hope he can challenge for a top 10 finish.

Just now, thiago_simoes said:

A Paraguayan man won this year's South American marathon championships. I'm not sure what are his chances in a global event, but let's hope he can challenge for a top 10 finish.

He was extremely disappointing at the 2019 Pan American Games. Hopefully it was just nerves at his first major event as a medal contender.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Damn it Kara Winger! couldn't you do better to sweep the golds today? :(       Anyway awesome day for Team USA!!

When isn’t it :p. I got bored of winning medals at the Pan Am Games after the first week.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

When isn’t it :p. I got bored of winning medals at the Pan Am Games after the first week.

I dont think we will break our records for the worlds (14 golds) but we are at 7 already, so will get to at least 10

55 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

I dont think we will break our records for the worlds (14 golds) but we are at 7 already, so will get to at least 10

Only 10 :yikes:

:p

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

He was extremely disappointing at the 2019 Pan American Games. Hopefully it was just nerves at his first major event as a medal contender.

I don't know what is the deal with Paraguay. They seem to never invest in sports, and they haven't performed well even in football. Bolivia, on the other hand, apparently invests big money (well, as much as they can, at least) in a number of sports. Still, I see no chance for an Olympic medal for Bolivia anytime soon, unfortunately, but they are on the right track. Paraguay is not even close. 

Edited by thiago_simoes

Just now, thiago_simoes said:

I don't know what is the deal with Paraguay. They seem to never invest in sports, and they haven't performed well even in football. Bolivia, on the other hand, apparently invests big money (well, as much as they can, at least) in a number of sports. Still, I see no chance for an Olympic medal for Bolivia anytime soon, unfortunately, but they are on the right track. Paraguay is not even close. 

I’d say Paraguay is closer personally. They have a decent runner, some decent golfers, some decent tennis players, a decent table tennis athlete, and some decent rowers. Bolivia has race walkers, marathoners, and racquetball players. That’s it. I do agree they are showing improvement though. The continent as a whole is in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Only 10 :yikes:

:p

Well let's think about it.   Mike norman at 400.   Muhammad/McLoughlin at 400 hurdles.   Probably 3 out of the 4 relays.   There is a chance in both shot puts.   Maybe 200 women.   Maybe 400 women but probably not.   110 hurdles no.   100 hurdles maybe but harrison lose in the big finals.