website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2019

Wumo

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

At this point either everyone’s doping, or no one's doping, so either way it’s somewhat fair. Even if it goes against human rights and moral ethics. The quote I said is very popular in the US.

Lol ... no. Not everyone is doping and even if that would be the case, it wouldnt be fair, because in some countries (North Korea, Kenya, Russia, China, Kenya, Jamaica, Uganda, Ethiopia, USA, Kenya, South Africa) it is far easier to dope and because more talented athletes who arent willing to dope would never get the chance to reach their full potential, because less talented athletes who are willing to dope get the funding instead.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Interesting questions for tomorrow:

1) Can anyone beat the chinese girl in womens javelin?

2) Any chance that the medalists in mens pole vault wont be Duplantis, Kendricks and Lisek?

3) Any chance that the US wont win 2 golds in mens 800 m and mens 200 m?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, LDOG said:

None. Only men's 20km remain and it's on friday. 

Sad to hear that. I think there arent enough race walking events. IAAF should introduce 100 km race walking instead of the 4 x 400 m mixed relay.

Just now, EselTheDonkey said:

<= :clap::wub:

She is truly one of Germany's greatest sports persons and gets way too less attention.Any running medal on World level is huge! How great for her! It is phenomenal how she improved constantly, always doing great at the top competitions. Never thought that she'd ever come near to the 9:00 but who knows. Also, it is great to see Möller improved her NR, so Krause will have some serious contender on European level.

Just now, LowerSaxony said:

She is truly one of Germany's greatest sports persons and gets way too less attention.Any running medal on World level is huge! How great for her! It is phenomenal how she improved constantly, always doing great at the top competitions. Never thought that she'd ever come near to the 9:00 but who knows. Also, it is great to see Möller improved her NR, so Krause will have some serious contender on European level.

I'm sure Möller can be one of the big shooting Stars in Europe. In more than one discipline.

And I agree about Krause. It's ironic that she is mostly known for her fall in London instead of her European titles or World medals. And the fall wasn't her fault anyway.

Edited by EselTheDonkey

Justo ahora, OlympicsFan dijo:

Sad to hear that. I think there arent enough race walking events. IAAF should introduce 100 km race walking instead of the 4 x 400 m mixed relay.

You mean as a relay? Because I don't think any human body can take that.

Just now, LDOG said:

You mean as a relay? Because I don't think any human body can take that.

It could. It’d be the like the ultra marathon of race walking. It still think I’d be cool to have a shorter distance event (importantly while keeping the traditional distances), maybe a 5km

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela