website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2019

Wumo

Just now, phelps said:

guys, can we write only about athletics, please?

I think we've gone way too far with arguments that should be discussed in the Politics thread and not here...thanks!

I agree - I apologize and accept responsibility for participating in this and furthering the discussion. I should have just ignored the trolling and provocation of some posters. 

Just now, LDOG said:

What? You're right there fighting for the gold medal in a WCh. Who cares about injuries in that situation?? The next big thing is a whole year away. Makes no sense to at least try.

no way...she's only 18 and she has very savior coaches...if you break your ankle or Achille's heel because you ask too much from yourself, in high jump you're done for the ages...look at that idiot named Tamberi...he wanted to try 2.41 before Rio 2016 when he would have most likely dominated that competition and now he can only look at a minor european medal in the last 4 years...

Just now, LDOG said:

What? You're right there fighting for the gold medal in a WCh. Who cares about injuries in that situation?? The next big thing is a whole year away. Makes no sense to at least try.

It really just depends on how the athlete feels, physically. Who knows, perhaps she already feels a slight injury coming up and just doesn't see any possibility to get close to even more than 2.04m.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Grassmarket said:

Germany have a lot to be proud of here. You are equal with Burkina Faso in the medals table. 

Yeah, while GB already has a great number of one silver medal ... :d

Germany has more than enough medal chances left (2 x men's javelin throw, men's decathlon, men's 20 km race walking, women's 5000 m, women's 4 x 100 m, women's long jump, women's javelin throw, women's shot put). Let's see which nation will be better in the medal table in the end.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.