website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2019

Wumo

Just now, dcro said:

Bullshit. Events like 40 km mass start can no longer be added into Olympic program. They can just be removed, since IOC very much encourages short attention span events.

It’s weird to see my beloved distance sports almost becoming the bad boys of sport just like the X Games sports.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, dcro said:

Bullshit. Events like 40 km mass start can no longer be added into Olympic program. They can just be removed, since IOC very much encourages short attention span events.

Yeah, that doesn't mean that's good.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

I am not sure about german people travelling to Hungary. Hungary has a very bad reputation in Germany thanks to their racism and antisemitism. Many german fans will be afraid to go there + not many german people are crazy enough to travel halfway through europe to watch german athletes getting beaten by drug cheats from countries they never heard of before.

There is a strong German athletics fanbase and I am sure a lot of them will travel to Budapest. Most of them are well informed about other nations and their athletes.

Il y a 4 heures, heywoodu a dit :

Oh come on, bronze for a tiny sports nation like Burkina Faso is worth much more than a few points in a prediction contest :p 

So happy for him.  I like it when an athlete from a little country wins a medal.  Very well done. 

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Question from earlier...

Cocho...

Does that mean something to you (May have spelled it wrong)

Well, its slang, and depending on the region, it means many differents things.

The Spanish Language Dictionary, defines it as another name for pigs, a derivation from "cochino", also used as "cochón" or "cochis" in some places, like Sinaloa (Mexico).

Also, I found that in other parts of Latin America, it is a name for different kinds of roasted flour.

It was also a denonym for the people of Tierra Caliente, in the current Mexican states of Michoacan and Guerrero, due to the color of their skin, as most of them had both, native American and African heritage.

However, most recently it isused in Mexico as slang for having sex, also spelled "cosho", "coshar".

30 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Well, its slang, and depending on the region, it means many differents things.

The Spanish Language Dictionary, defines it as another name for pigs, a derivation from "cochino", also used as "cochón" or "cochis" in some places, like Sinaloa (Mexico).

Also, I found that in other parts of Latin America, it is a name for different kinds of roasted flour.

It was also a denonym for the people of Tierra Caliente, in the current Mexican states of Michoacan and Guerrero, due to the color of their skin, as most of them had both, native American and African heritage.

However, most recently it isused in Mexico as slang for having sex, also spelled "cosho", "coshar".

Huh, my professor thought it meant vagina...cochino is also an insult I’m familiar with. I was practicing my Spanish with a girl from Nicaragua, and I accidentally said cochino instead of cocina (when doing kitchen vocabulary) and it didn’t end well for me :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Huh, my professor thought it meant vagina...cochino is also an insult I’m familiar with. I was practicing my Spanish with a girl from Nicaragua, and I accidentally said cochino instead of cocina (when doing kitchen vocabulary) and it didn’t end well for me :p

Well cochino is not necesarily an insult if you're refering to a farm animal, but I understand why the girl felt insulted :finger: 

Just now, mrv86 said:

Well cochino is not necesarily an insult if you're refering to a farm animal, but I understand why the girl felt insulted :finger: 

I wouldn’t want to be called it :facepalm:

Of course leave it to the white dude to say it

Edited by Olympian1010