website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2019

Wumo

14 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Which I find mostly surprising for Liechtenstein. I mean, sure, they are tiny and everyone with athletic ability puts on skis :p but surely someone can run a half-decent marathon or 100m or something?

I'm mostly sad about Tuvalu, I always like seeing them in the 100m heats.

Liechtenstein usually has some internal standards for athletics. They don't send just anybody.

#banbestmen

3 hours ago, Jan Linha said:

Exactly, Eliska deserves it a lot. And it's pity that Marketa Cervenkova and Lucie Sekanova cannot go due to injury. Tuey might have collected important point to the IAAF ranking before Tokyo 2020! 

Yeah- same goes for Juška, Hrubá, Vrzálová too. Is it conceivable to qualify if you’ve missed all of this season? The three I mentioned would have definitely qualified under the old system but since they are injured now, no ranking points.

22 minutes ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Yeah- same goes for Juška, Hrubá, Vrzálová too. Is it conceivable to qualify if you’ve missed all of this season? The three I mentioned would have definitely qualified under the old system but since they are injured now, no ranking points.

Well, it depends. The way to the point is now to treat injuries asap and collect point during indoor season including championships. I believe these 4 can make it if they won't get any more injuries. 

Just checked the TV programs and indeed, Eurosport is no covering the WCH this time, that´s a shame. however the good news at least for Slovak and Czechs is that the SVK national broadcaster RTVS and Czech national ČT Sport will both cover the integrality of the worlds live and on their web

23 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Just checked the TV programs and indeed, Eurosport is no covering the WCH this time

Well that sucks big time. Truly big time. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, hckosice said:

Certainly Brazilian TV will cover the worlds too, and if not then VPN your or any other TV

Yes, but my main issue is the thing with watching live or not. Presumably I won't be watching it live all/most of the time, so the Eurosport Player is 100% perfect for it: just watch whenever you want/can. When depending on all kinds of live streams, this falls away...

I can only hope at least there is a recording function on the TV in our apartment :whistle:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Yes, but my main issue is the thing with watching live or not. Presumably I won't be watching it live all/most of the time, so the Eurosport Player is 100% perfect for it: just watch whenever you want/can. When depending on all kinds of live streams, this falls away...

I can only hope at least there is a recording function on the TV in our apartment :whistle:

well, this happen when someone doesn´t think twice about when schedulling his hollidays...you can blame only yourself, so experienced guy with schedulling free times by the Olympics and made such mistake :d

Just now, hckosice said:

well, this happen when someone doesn´t think twice about when schedulling his hollidays...you can blame only yourself, so experienced guy with schedulling free times by the Olympics and made such mistake :d

Like there is a 4-week gap anywhere on the calendar... :p And this way I'll be present at the FIS rollerski races so there's that :banana:

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

If you have a good laptop or tablet the Olympic Channel will show it in the US I believe. To watch it live you’d need an American TV provider, but generally you can watch the full session replays without one.

I’d recommend Marca Claro or TYC Sports if you want to have a chance to watch them live.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela