website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2019

Wumo

Kenyan 800m champion Jackline Wambui withdrew from the World Athletics championships after refusing to take testosterone test, the Athletics Kenya (AK) said on Thursday.

Linda Kageha, who was in the mixed relay team also withdrew from the World championships for refusing to take mandatory testosterone test.

“The IAAF has set tough conditions on gender and doping and we must comply. If an athlete fails to take the tests, they are definitely out of the World championships,” AK Vice President in charge of competitions Paul Mutwii told Reuters.
“Wambui and Kageha declined the test on testosterone levels. They had no choice but to withdraw,” said Mutwii.

The 19-year-old Jackline Wambui won the Kenyan trials last week in Nairobi with a new persona best and 10th fastest time this year in the World of 1:58.79.

The 2013 World Champion Eunice Sum will be the only representative from Kenya in the women's 800m race at the World Championships in Doha which will kick off on September 27.

Mutwii said that the AK were still waiting for an answer from IAAF Athletes Integrity Unit (AIU) over the fate of Michael Kibet and Daniel Simiyu in men's 5,000m.

https://www.watchathletics.com/article/10929/kenyan-800m-champion-jackline-wambui-out-of-worlds-after-refusing-to-take-testosterone-test/

On 16/09/2019 at 19:50, hckosice said:

:SVK Team Slovakia :SVK

Men´s

Marcel Lomnický  (Hammer Throw)

Matej Tóth  (50km Race Walk)

Women´s

Gabriela Gajanová  (800m)

Martina Hrašnová   (Hammer Throw)

Mária Katerinka Czaková  (50km Race Walk)

so SVK will send only 5 athletes. 6 made the standards but the Marathon Runner Tibor Sahajda decided to instead compete at the Košice peace marathon in 2 weeks (the SVK national championship in marathon) in order to win valuable points for the Olympic ranking. 

2 Other athletes missed the WCH by really few...especially the 100m Hurdles athlete Stanislava Lajčáková will miss the world championshps for 0.01s :( and Triple Jumper Tomáš Veszelka for 4cm :(

UPDATE :

IAAF send today to our Athletics federation an apology letter. Apparently from what they wrote by some dumb mistake they somehow forgot our 100m Hurdles runner Stanislava Škvarková (ex Lajčáková) :lol: she and another :SWE runner were the last two athletes to complete the starting list of the 100m Hurdles but by mistake in the system they somehow they didn´t see them on their files :lol: Now they officially invited Stanislava to Dauha to compete in the 100m Hurdles

So Team :SVK will have 6 athletes including

Stanislava Škvarková (Lajčáková)  (100m Hurdles)

12 minutes ago, hckosice said:

UPDATE :

IAAF send today to our Athletics federation an apology letter. Apparently from what they wrote by some dumb mistake they somehow forgot our 100m Hurdles runner Stanislava Škvarková (ex Lajčáková) :lol: she and another :SWE runner were the last two athletes to complete the starting list of the 100m Hurdles but by mistake in the system they somehow they didn´t see them on their files :lol: Now they officially invited Stanislava to Dauha to compete in the 100m Hurdles

So Team :SVK will have 6 athletes including

Stanislava Škvarková (Lajčáková)  (100m Hurdles)

We also got two more! Diana Mezulianikova in 800m and Eliska Stankova in discus. Especially happy for Eliska- first championship at the age of 34 :) Unfortunately two more who were invited, Cervenkova in shot put and Sekanova in steeplechase couldn't come due to injuries. 

Edited by ahjfcshfghb

Just now, ahjfcshfghb said:

It's a very good turnout overall too. Only 6 IAAF members won't be there (:LBA, :LIE, :MSR  :NEP, :NFK and :TUV)

The only surprising NOCs on the list are :LBA and :NEP. I mean both of them have pretty good distance running tradition.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

The only surprising NOCs on the list are :LBA and :NEP. I mean both of them have pretty good distance running tradition.

True, :LBA :MSR :NEP and :TUV usually show up every year. But they all have relatively few elite athletes, so I'm guessing the absences are due to injuries. Or the fact that they missed the deadlines- it does happen with federations like that.

As for :LIE and :NFK they haven't competed since 2007 !

Just now, ahjfcshfghb said:

True, :LBA :MSR :NEP and :TUV usually show up every year. But they all have relatively few elite athletes, so I'm guessing the absences are due to injuries. Or the fact that they missed the deadlines- it does happen with federations like that.

As for :LIE and :NFK they haven't competed since 2007 !

Which I find mostly surprising for Liechtenstein. I mean, sure, they are tiny and everyone with athletic ability puts on skis :p but surely someone can run a half-decent marathon or 100m or something?

I'm mostly sad about Tuvalu, I always like seeing them in the 100m heats.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

hace 2 horas, heywoodu dijo:

Which I find mostly surprising for Liechtenstein. I mean, sure, they are tiny and everyone with athletic ability puts on skis :p but surely someone can run a half-decent marathon or 100m or something?

The send a man in 100m to the Games of the small states and made a women's time 11.61 and came last

14 hours ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

We also got two more! Diana Mezulianikova in 800m and Eliska Stankova in discus. Especially happy for Eliska- first championship at the age of 34 :) Unfortunately two more who were invited, Cervenkova in shot put and Sekanova in steeplechase couldn't come due to injuries. 

Exactly, Eliska deserves it a lot. And it's pity that Marketa Cervenkova and Lucie Sekanova cannot go due to injury. Tuey might have collected important point to the IAAF ranking before Tokyo 2020!