website statistics

Judo IJF World Championships 2018

bestmen

not the podium I expected, today...

and by the way, today it's the first day where I've seen many controversial (not to say missed...and sometimes biased) calls by the refs and the video judges...:wall:

as if Japan would really need that help (on the other hand, France would have their good reason to be totally unhappy with today's outcome)...:facepalm:

10 horas atrás, phelps disse:

p.s. here in Italy this theme is considered quite important by the majority of people and there's harsh and everlasting debate about giving up our citizenship by "iure solis" (which is not the case at the moment) and/or by "iure sanguinis" (which is the current working rule -and apart from the other rules like marriage or long terms residence or "special merits", which are not part of the debate)...

This is exactly my point. I'm always confused when people consider that surnames are more important than living everyday in the country. In my opinion, blood ties mean nothing if you don't care about the history of a given nation, or if you don't even live there.

Here where I live many Haitians have arrived in the last few years. To put it simply, they are considered foreigners even though they live here everyday (i.e, Brazilians believe that someday they will "go away", which I find quite unsettling because I see them the same way I see other Brazilian people and they should not just go away). The thing is: even though they are seen by most people as foreigners, their kids are indeed Brazilians, and I wonder what will happen in 20 years, when these kids will be old enough to challenge for medals at the Olympics or at the World Championships. 

2 ore fa, dareza ha scritto:

Disaster performace of Serbian guys :facepalm: Last year 1. and 5. places and now both lost in 1st round :lol::sick:

Majdov wasn't that bad...he lost by 3rd shido (very controversial, too) against a young and promising Frenchman, who we'll see on the podium in many international events very soon, I guess...it can happen...

Kukolj, instead...well, he just had a bad (very bad) day...