website statistics

Judo IJF World Championships 2018

bestmen

by the way, today we had the quickest morning session of them all...

and since it's already over, let's see what happened in the last couple of hours...

women's +78kg

semifinals

:CUB Idalys Ortiz vs :BRA Maria Suelem Altheman

:JPN Sarah Asahina vs :BIH Larisa Ceric

repechage

:GBR Sarah Adlington vs :CRO Ivana Maranic (winner to the Bronze Medal match vs loser of Asahina / Ceric)

:AZE Irina Kindzerska vs :TUR Kara Sayit (winner to the Bronze Medal match vs loser of Ortiz / Altheman)

men's +100kg

semifinals

:GEO Guram Tushishvili vs :MGL Duurenbayar Ulziibayar

:UZB Bekmurod Ultiboev vs :AZE Ushangi Kokauri

repechage

:NED Roy Meyer vs :JPN Hisayoshi Harasawa (winner to the Bronze Medal match vs loser of Ultiboev / Kokauri)

:TJK Temur Rakhimov vs :CZE Lukas Krpalek (winner to the Bronze Medal match vs loser of Tushishvili / Ulziibayar)

I had no hope for medal today since Mahjoub had Japan in his way but now I see he lost to Tajikistan ! and the Tajik guy also beat Japan and then he lost to Uzbekistan ! weird results :mumble: interesting to see both Ulziibayar and Oltiboev in semifinal, Mahjoub lost to both of them in Asian Games while both matches could gone another way . and we thought he was underperforming very much :facepalm:

and also today we can't say that we didn't have any surprising result in the preliminary stages...

actually, especially in the men's +100kg we don't have almost any of the favourite still in the competition (and the 2 absolute favourites are "only" in the repechage round, which means that they can still win a bronze medal, but no more than that)...

p.s. today it's also "shopping day" in Baku, since we still have in the afternoon session the Azeri guys (Kindzerska used to compete for Ukraine until not many seasons ago and Kokauri is a newly acquired Georgian born man) and Kara Sayit from Turkey, who was known until 3 years ago as Ketty Mathe and she used to represent her native France)...

ooops...I wrote that Turkey and Azerbaijan went for some shopping? :yikes:

no...that's really something I've never thought it was possible...:whistle::rofl::facepalm:

Edited by phelps

28 dakika önce, phelps said:

and also today we can't say that we didn't have any surprising result in the preliminary stages...

actually, especially in the men's +100kg we don't have almost any of the favourite still in the competition (and the 2 absolute favourites are "only" in the repechage round, which means that they can still win a bronze medal, but no more than that)...

p.s. today it's also "shopping day" in Baku, since we still have in the afternoon session the Azeri guys (Kindzerska used to compete for Ukraine until not many seasons ago and Kokauri is a newly acquired Georgian born man) and Kara Sayit from Turkey, who was known until 3 years ago as Ketty Mathe and she used to represent her native France)...

ooops...I wrote that Turkey and Azerbaijan went for some shopping? :yikes:

no...that's really something I've never thought it was possible...:whistle::rofl::facepalm:

What do you mean by shopping? Could you clarify please?

Another non-spanish born athlete winning a medal for Spain, at this point you have to wonder whether there are any spanish-born athletes left in Spain?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

2 ore fa, merlinsbeard ha scritto:

What do you mean by shopping? Could you clarify please?

is it so difficult to understand?

obviously I mean getting on the map of a sport thanks to athletes grown up, raised and trained in another Country/sport system (who normally have already won medals for another Country), like those 3 mentioned above...:evil:

p.s. as we already explained yesterday, Sherazadishvili never competed for Georgia...he was formed by the Spanish Judo system and represented them since the youth classes...

therefore, we can't put him in the same list of the other guys mentioned in these last days...

1 saat önce, phelps said:

is it so difficult to understand?

obviously I mean getting on the map of a sport thanks to athletes grown up, raised and trained in another Country/sport system (who normally have already won medals for another Country), like those 3 mentioned above...:evil:

Okey you do not have to get mad this easily :) I thought you might have meant Turkey and Azerbaijan bribe the referees to get a medal so I wanted to make sure that I understand correctly.