website statistics

Judo IJF World Championships 2018

bestmen

43 minutes ago, phelps said:

actually Albayrak is not even Greek, since he was born in Georgia with the original name of Vano Revazishvili, then changed in Roman Moustopoulos when he moved to Greece...

so, we can say he's a journeyman, to say the least...:rofl:

Well, he is kinda unusual traveller :-D .... But I would rather mention for what country is he competing now. What Turkey has been doing within past several years, is disgusting. They keep "buying athletes". Why? Because they had country-organized doping and decades, maybe hundreds of athletes who were competing in international level, failed the drug test. Suddenly nearly nobody was remaining. So they started with buying athletes and IOC is trying to stop this trading. Look at this.

TURKISH ATHLETES (flag means country of birth)

:AZERamil Guliyev 

:ETH Elvan Abeylegesse (After naturalization got 2 OG medals but failed drug test)

:CUB Yasmani Copello 

:JAM Jak Ali Harvey

:KEN Yasemin Can

And this is just track and field. 

Of course very famous countries for this trade are also :ISR:QAT:BRN:SWE:FRA 

I think this is quite disgusting....

2 saat önce, Jan Linha said:

Well, he is kinda unusual traveller :-D .... But I would rather mention for what country is he competing now. What Turkey has been doing within past several years, is disgusting. They keep "buying athletes". Why? Because they had country-organized doping and decades, maybe hundreds of athletes who were competing in international level, failed the drug test. Suddenly nearly nobody was remaining. So they started with buying athletes and IOC is trying to stop this trading. Look at this.

:ETH Elvan Abeylegesse (After naturalization got 2 OG medals but failed drug test)

Well, at first I did not want to say anything because you are right in some parts but I still think your message is quite biased and has incorrect information.

Some Turkish olympians committed doping and some failed the drug test. But the number is definitely not hundreds. It is not even close to that. Besides, there were no legit proof that it is country-organized. Only in two sports, Weightlifting and athletics there were athletes who failed the drug test and in many other sports such as Taekwondo, Wrestling we did not see any in the first level. The doping cases also happened almost 5 years ago and for the last 5 years we have very few doping problem. Of course even one athlete with doping is a shame to country and to the olympics, believe me I am so sorry about the doping scandals in especially athletics but in Turkey the award for winning a medal is really incredible financial-wise. So many dishonest athletes try to get one with doping and hope to take the awards and just quit sports. I hope that with strict regulations now, we have a better future. Again, I am so sorry and I apologize on behalf of Turkish people from all sports and olympicfans for the drug cases before.

About the naturalized athletes: Currently we are hopeful about winning one or more medal in wrestling, karate, weightlifting, taekwondo, athletics, modern pentathlon, archery, women boxing and judo. 

Only in judo and athletics we have naturalized athletes in the medal-winning level. I am not happy about the situation in our athletics but you have some information wrong.

Elvan Abeylegesse was 17 years old when she came to Turkey and it was 20 years ago. Her becoming Turkish has nothing to do with the drug cases. Most of other athletes were 20 or 21 years old when they came to Turkey without any success in their hand. 

Our Turkish athletics committee do not buy anyone. They are people and buying somebody is a very rude choice of word. In fact, athletics committee do not have much to do with these athletes at first. We have athletics club called ENKA and Fenerbahce, they are quite successful in the club league and they always transfer successful and promising athletes all around the world. After some time, I do not know why but some of these athletes become Turkish and start running for Turkey.

Now, I am not defending this situation. However, calling this buying somebody is not proper. Almost all of these athletes have not succeded much before they came to Turkey which means they needed better environment, better opportunities. You cannot blame them for trying to have a better life and better career. What I believe is that, international committee should bring some limitations to this. I am not (almost all Turkish citizens are also not) happy about having so many naturalized athletes in athletics.

However, just because we have some naturalized athletes who won bronze or silver or maybe gold does not mean we buy them, We have hundreds of very successfull and promising athlete in many sports who were born in Turkey, raised in Turkey. I can give you tens of names who can win a medal in next olympics.

Edited by merlinsbeard

2 hours ago, Jan Linha said:

I think Italy could be added to this list too 

7 minutes ago, merlinsbeard said:

About the naturalized athletes: Currently we are hopeful about winning one or more medal in wrestling, karate, weightlifting, taekwondo, athletics, modern pentathlon, archery, women boxing and judo. 

Only in judo and athletics we have naturalized athletes in the medal-winning level. I am not happy about the situation in our athletics but you have some information wrong.

so you think these wrestlers Open Sat (Cengiz Erdogan), Merey Kortoev (Selim Yasar) and Shamil Akhmedov (Shamil Erdogan) are not in the medal winning level ? because I don't think so

Just now, MHSN said:

so you think these wrestlers Open Sat (Cengiz Erdogan), Merey Kortoev (Selim Yasar) and Shamil Akhmedov (Shamil Erdogan) are not in the medal winning level ? because I don't think so

They are not competing in the international championships. We have better wrestlers in the national team. To my knowledge, we did not have any naturalized wrestler in European Championships this year other than Elif Jale Yeşilırmak who is 33.

4 minutes ago, merlinsbeard said:

They are not competing in the international championships. We have better wrestlers in the national team. To my knowledge, we did not have any naturalized wrestler in European Championships this year other than Elif Jale Yeşilırmak who is 33.

just because they were absent for just "one serious tournament" doesn't mean the are done, all 3 of them wrestled for Turkey in other International tournaments this year. poor guy Kortoev won an Olympic medal for you only 2 years ago. and you are treating him like a piece of trash. 

Just now, MHSN said:

just because they were absent for just "one serious tournament" doesn't mean the are done, all 3 of them wrestled for Turkey in other International tournaments this year. poor guy Kortoev won an Olympic medal for you only 2 years ago. and you are treating him like a piece of trash. 

I do not know why you are talking this way neither this is the place. But if you check the last tournaments you will see these wrestlers are not in the national team. I am not supporting the case if they were. But please think about the possibility that Selim Yaşar did not compete for Turkey but any other country. The situation would probably be the same. The solution is to bring some limitations. Not shout against a whole nation because they have one or two naturalized wrestlers in maybe 15-20 wrestler in a competition.

43 minuti fa, thepharoah ha scritto:

I think Italy could be added to this list too 

I don't think so...

the only atheltes we're trying to "buy" (meaning that we would like to naturalize them despite their connection to Italy is not that strong...because we don't buy anybody literally, as they do in some other Countries) are some wrestlers (since this sport is basically dead here in Italy)...

and actually, even Chamizo decided to compete for Italy with full permission of Cuban authorities after coming to live in Italy following his marriage...

all those not purely Italian names nowadays you can see in our teams are just second/third generation guys grown up, raised and trained (often also already born) in our Nation just because their parents/grandparents decided to come to live here...:evil:

3 ore fa, LDOG ha scritto:

You guys talk as if the games will be in Paris or Budapest but they will be in Tokyo. Sorry, but home advantage always makes a team perform to the best (or close to) of their capabilities. This is a law of olympics, tested and proven every 4 years. Japan with less than 5 or 6 golds would be a disaster for them.

home advantage = a lot more pressure, which is one of the causes that always stop them from achieving more at the Games...

I'm still convinced that they will underperform in their top sports (apart from those with biased/corrupted judges involved), meanwhile they're gonna win a lot more than expected in sports which usually are not their strenght...

hace 11 minutos, phelps said:

I don't think so...

the only atheltes we're trying to "buy" (meaning that we would like to naturalize them despite their connection to Italy is not that strong...because we don't buy anybody literally, as they do in some other Countries) are some wrestlers (since this sport is basically dead here in Italy)...

and actually, even Chamizo decided to compete for Italy with full permission of Cuban authorities after coming to live in Italy following his marriage...

all those not purely Italian names nowadays you can see in our teams are just second/third generation guys grown up, raised and trained (often also already born) in our Nation just because their parents/grandparents decided to come to live here...:evil:

There is also the bunch of south americans and north americans you have in several team sports... I recall that your opinion about that is that they are Italian "ethnically", but still, it's feeding from systems of other countries.