website statistics

Judo IJF World Championships 2018

bestmen

2 часа назад, LDOG сказал:

What I have noticed about this Bilodid girl (other than how hard IJF pushes her marketing-wise) is that she's incredibly tall for this category. Given her current age I think she will have serious problems to keep the weight when her body matures in a few years.

What does make you think that she's not developed already? :whistle:

We have 2 similar teens in athletics (1 has held the world record, another one will try to achieve it). One of them will turn 20 in February but she's still skinny and has the same proportions like 3 years ago.

hace 28 minutos, Xander said:

What does make you think that she's not developed already? :whistle:

We have 2 similar teens in athletics (1 has held the world record, another one will try to achieve it). One of them will turn 20 in February but she's still skinny and has the same proportions like 3 years ago.

Yes, but athletes don't have weight limits to meet. 

This girl is apparently 172cm tall, that's huge for 48kg :yikes:

Anyways, russian/ukranian girls are known for being skinny so maybe she will keep form. I was just thinking loud, i'm not a nutrionist after all :p hope the best to her, regardless of physique she's very talented in technical part as well.

Edited by LDOG

2 минуты назад, LDOG сказал:

Yes, but athletes don't have weight limits to meet. 

This girl is apparently 172cm tall, that's huge for 48kg :yikes:

Anyways, russian/ukranian girls are known for being skinny so maybe she will keep form. I was just thinking loud, i'm not a nutrionist after all :p hope the best to her, regardless of physique she's very talented in technical part as well.

The 20 years old one has a dictator-mom-coach ... the whole country found out that she gained 2 (friggen 2!) kilos :lol: on the TV. Gaining weight in heptathlon is unacceptable because it changes your technics. She's tall and skinny but she competed with seniors in women's javelin (not heptathlon) where you need a strong upper body (ie. more weight). She's phenomenal.

You can see another one with your own eyes at the YOG ;) Yaroslava Mahuchikh (she's just turned 17 yesterday :d ). Even if she won't set the world youth record she's just 2 cm beneath it which is quite impressive.

Gaining weight in high jump is tragic and it also decreases results immediately. The only way to gain weight is to increase muscles in your feet but it doesn't compensate a lot & it works better for men than women. The only way out is to stay in the stable shape all the time. I live in high jump mecca (national record, Olympic medals etc) so I've seen a lot of talented girls. Nutrition is the base knowledge, at least here.

She's 180cm tall and her weight is 54kg (!) only. Her upper limit is 58. All of them are doomed to control their weight for a decade or even 2 but the final goal is worth it.

and just another day of shame for the Italian squad...

in the men's -66kg, Medves somehow managed to win a pair of matches (but struggling a lot more than he was supposed to do against very modest opponents), but then he was humiliated by Abe (it was like watching a real man against a 12-year old kid), who literally threw him left, right and over as he wanted, until he scored the decisive ippon...

meanwhile Giuffrida (the luckiest Olympic Silver medal ever) had basically already won against Primo (ISR) in her first match, but she lost focus for a while and the Israeli girl scored a flashy ippon with very few seconds to go (actually it looked that giuffrida didn't even understand what happened in the final action)...

shame...shame...shame on that team...and fire Murakami!!!!!