website statistics

Wrestling UWW Junior World Championships 2018

nitinsanker

2 hours ago, Dolby said:

3 semifinalists in Greco Roman for us :yikes::woohoo::hyper:

I never imagined this in a world championship ..........  let us hope for three medals as well ....Sajan is a very impressive wrestler ( world champs bronze last time , Asian junior gold so i expected great things from him )  ....along with deepak punia 87 free is the best wrestler we have in this juniors 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Finals are set for tomorrow

55kg: :IRI vs :ARM

63kg: :EGY vs :KGZ

77kg: :IND vs :RUS

87kg: :IRI vs :SUI

130kg: :IRI vs :ARM

Switzerland in the final !? what about that ?! :yikes:

great day for Iran. the day started with 2 defeats but no more defeat since then ! I think those two guys were unlucky facing the best wrestlers in their weights right in the first round ! (I know Akzhol lost later but he is much better than that boring Russian wrestler) I think Saravi and Mirzazadeh will be favorite for the gold tomorrow but Nasserpour will have a tough match against that Armenian guy. he was very good.

btw the idea of having semifinals in afternoon was to promote them ! what the hell was that ? having semifinals at the same time on two mats ?! :facepalm: I tried to keep eyes on both mats though.

wow thanks Totallympics I just noticed Slovakia host Wrestling Juniors World Championships...maybe someone should inform at least one of our sport journalists, gonna be fine to find one or two sentences about this event in our medias :lol:

20 minutes ago, MHSN said:

great day for Iran. the day started with 2 defeats but no more defeat since then ! I think those two guys were unlucky facing the best wrestlers in their weights right in the first round ! (I know Akzhol lost later but he is much better than that boring Russian wrestler) I think Saravi and Mirzazadeh will be favorite for the gold tomorrow but Nasserpour will have a tough match against that Armenian guy. he was very good.

btw the idea of having semifinals in afternoon was to promote them ! what the hell was that ? having semifinals at the same time on two mats ?! :facepalm: I tried to keep eyes on both mats though.

great day for India .................... One Indian In Final in Greco and As I expected and saying since the start it was the absolutely fabulous Sajan :bowdown:We finally have a classy Greco Roman Wrestler ....hope he can go for the gold tomorrow to underline his class ....... Two Indians in the bronze medal match ......... Both may be tough ........ hoping for at least 1 medal ......both did well today ........... Indian GR are showing class these days 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

2 ore fa, MHSN ha scritto:

Minasyan (-55kg) is the guy who dominated the Junior Europeans just a few weeks ago (where he defeated the Italian Giovanni Freni in the final...Freni who lost today the first bout against the Korean in a very stupid way -he went down 6-0 after a minute or so and then he couldn't complete his comeback, losing 8-6...then the Korean lost as well, so it was the end of our day)...

p.s. happy for my Swiss neighbours...:d

Edited by phelps

8 minutes ago, phelps said:

Minasyan is the guy who dominated the Junior Europeans just a few weeks ago (where he defeated the Italian Giovanni Freni in the final...Freni who lost today the first bout against the Korean in a very stupid way -he went down 6-0 after a minute or so and then he couldn't complete his comeback, losing 8-6...then the Korean lost as well, so it was the end of our day)...

p.s. happy for my Swiss neighbours...:d

yeah I watched some of his matches, he is pretty good. very technical. still our wrestler is not without hope, he is tough and strong (less technical though) , we usually do well against Armenians

btw I saw some wrestlers were already balding ! at 20 ?! seriously some countries should stop sending overaged wrestlers :thumbdown:

27 minutes ago, MHSN said:

yeah I watched some of his matches, he is pretty good. very technical. still our wrestler is not without hope, he is tough and strong (less technical though) , we usually do well against Armenians

btw I saw some wrestlers were already balding ! at 20 ?! seriously some countries should stop sending overaged wrestlers :thumbdown:

Well bout balding i gave a friend of mine that lost his hair when he was 15 or 16 it happens :d