website statistics

Wrestling UWW Junior World Championships 2018

nitinsanker

On 20/09/2018 at 01:11, MHSN said:

for whatever reason UWW/FILA uses the father name of Iranian wrestlers as well. I know in most Arab countries they use only the father name (alongside with the givenname) but in Iran the naming system is similar to western countries. plus no middle name here. it's only given name + surname. some names are more than one part though. but father name is nowhere mentioned in the passport as part of their own name that's just a UWW thing.

by saying that. 60kg guy is just Ali Reza (or Alireza) Nejati, 67kg guy is Yousef Hosseinvand (you can drop that Fathi part as well) and 72kg gold medalist is Amin Kavianinejad.

I personally think that that is what gives Iranians an advantage in wrestling 

Imagine  you are Vijay and the person you are facing is Hosein Jahanbakhsh FOROUZANDEH GHOJEHBEIGLOU, hefeels unsure whether  he is facing the father , the son , the village et al  , he is already scared .....:mumble:

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Day #5 (Women's Wrestling) Medallists

-53kg

Gold: :JPN Umi Imai

Silver: :UZB Aktenge Keunimjaeva

Bronze: :MGL Enkhtsetseg Batbaatar & :RUS Mariia Tiumerekova

-57kg

Gold: :JPN Andoriahanako Sawa

Silver: :CHN Qi Zhang

Bronze: :SWE Sara Johanna Lindborg & :IND Mansi Mansi

-62kg

Gold: :JPN Atena Kodama

Silver: :UZB Nabira Esenbaeva

Bronze: :ITA Aurora Campagna & :RUS Daria Bobrulko

-65kg

Gold: :JPN Miyu Imai

Silver: :MGL Delgermaa Enkhsaikhan

Bronze: :RUS Albina Khripkova & :UKR Iryna Koliadenko

-72kg

Gold: :FRA Koumba Selene Fanta Larroque

Silver: :RUS Evgeniia Zakharchenko

Bronze: :CHN Fanwen Shen & :JPN Naruha Matsuyuki

I knew I can't expect the same results from our freestyle team but they were really bad today and I'm not talking about their results but mostly the way they wrestled. we had two matches with Russia today and both of them finished in 1st period :facepalm: our 70kg wrestler lost in a VERY stupid way. (he could be in the final because of his good draw) and our 57kg wrestler lost to someone much much weaker than himself.

as expected Russia dominated the freestyle and only USA can challenge them for the team title. but interestingly the only defeat of the day for Russia was against Japan !! and not in a light weight ! :yikes:

but the biggest surprise of the day was in 57kg semifinal. that American kid Daton Fix was the defending World Junior Champion and in USA they consider him a great talent. didn't expect him anything less than gold. that was a great result for this kid Naveen from India !

10 hours ago, MHSN said:

I knew I can't expect the same results from our freestyle team but they were really bad today and I'm not talking about their results but mostly the way they wrestled. we had two matches with Russia today and both of them finished in 1st period :facepalm: our 70kg wrestler lost in a VERY stupid way. (he could be in the final because of his good draw) and our 57kg wrestler lost to someone much much weaker than himself.

as expected Russia dominated the freestyle and only USA can challenge them for the team title. but interestingly the only defeat of the day for Russia was against Japan !! and not in a light weight ! :yikes:

but the biggest surprise of the day was in 57kg semifinal. that American kid Daton Fix was the defending World Junior Champion and in USA they consider him a great talent. didn't expect him anything less than gold. that was a great result for this kid Naveen from India !

Personally we had 4 wrestlers who are good in freestyle and I expected all of them to medal ........ Naveen, Sachin , Kaliramana , deepak ...................  Naveen looks good and won  in the bout against fix he looked dominant , Kaliramana lost his quarters narrowly and the MDA wrestler lost narrowly in the semis , looking forward to seeing  Sachin and possibly Indias best bet Deepak in action today 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Vishal should have won his bout against the Moldovan. He left it a little too late and almost equalised the score in the last second. Rohit too had such close loss against the other Moldovan wrestler. Other 2 lost tamely in the QF.

3 hours ago, sameerph said:

Vishal should have won his bout against the Moldovan. He left it a little too late and almost equalised the score in the last second. Rohit too had such close loss against the other Moldovan wrestler. Other 2 lost tamely in the QF.

Vishal in my opinion was much too defensive for the first 4:30 minutes  he did not luanch  a single attack and went down 5:0 pts fought back but tto late , possibly he was the better wrestler in strength and technique , but he lost out on attitude