Team Cranberries - :SRB:IRL

Team Roxette - :USA:FIN

Individual All-Around

:USA United States - 343 points

:DEN Denmark - 255 points

:IRL Ireland - 248 points

At least I won something :lol:

Alright, time for my thoughts...

Congratulations to Denmark with this victory! :yes I honestly expected this TISC to be a completely one-sided affair for The United States, because I did not see a close second mainstream candidate, so my heart is always happy with winners such as these, even if I scored USA a tiny bit more.  Your song was great and you should be very proud.

Thoughts about Lithuania. After the first seven votes I was extremely pessimistic. I honestly started thinking that my childhood music and authentic Lithuanian music did not really have a good chance at TISC since songs in Lithuanian had been constantly getting pretty lousy results, except from Vaidas a few years ago. I just thought that the language was not as influential as perhaps French or Italian, when it comes to global music and not culturally familiar enough as the Southern American + Spaniard or Yugoslavian blocs to score well.

I am very humbled with winning the medal table, because it means that this song reached a lot of people just like it reached me all of those years ago and Jurga is still my all time favourite Lithuanian artist together with Jazzu. I've had long deliberations between nine other songs by Jurga and finally decided to pick this one and I don't regret it. So thank you everyone that voted and thanks for that 13th place. It's way beyond anything that I expected and heck, we even breached top 10 for a second during the show :d

I already have something prepared for the 2019 annual, but for 2019 open, I am not boycotting Lithuanian language after all and songs in our language will be also taken into consideration :d

4 minutes ago, dezbee2008 said:

To be honest, as I was putting the votes together, I knew we were gonna medal, and honestly, I would have loved to have a non-Europe winner, but with silver, this is the highest finish achieved, and I owe it all to @Olympian1010

Well, now we know to never again vote for Denmark because of thier betrayal:p.

Thank You for working so hard to host this contest, and I can’t wait to go one place higher next year.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Once again, thank you for all your votes for our entry, especially the two 12 points from Serbia @DaniSRB @dareza and Russia @FC Mezhgorye are absolutely incredible. I can not even describe how much I appreciate it...now I feel a bit ashamed that I have not voted for any of them this time :(

Congrats to :DEN for the win (well deserved) @Agger and @wumo26

And big congrats and thumbs up @dezbee2008 and @Olympian1010 for all the fantastic work in this edition, it was once again a pleasure to participate.

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well, now we know to never again vote for Denmark because of thier betrayal:p.

Thank You for working so hard to host this contest, and I can’t wait to go one place higher next year.

Yep, that's what we're aiming for... the top.

hace 1 minuto, Werloc said:

I just thought that the language was not as influential as perhaps French or Italian, when it comes to global music and not culturally familiar enough as the Southern American + Spaniard or Yugoslavian blocs to score well.

Meh, that isn't an issue. We vote Slovakia a lot last few contests and their language is completely alien to me. It's just that hckosice picks catchy songs (from my point of view).