website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2018

6 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

By the way, should we have a quick discussion about how the hosting rights will be awarded in the event that the winner refuses those rights?

I believe it's good to have some clarity before the Grand Final so that everyone knows in advance.

Why not :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

It is utterly unbelievable that a country that has an absolute gem like 'Dear Home' on it's list of entries has another song as must succesful ever :( 

I preferred Bastian Baker's entry myself but both were very nice entries.

Just now, OlympicIRL said:

I preferred Bastian Baker's entry myself but both were very nice entries.

Yeah if I recall correctly there was only one other person with a good taste (meaning 12 points for Eliane obviously), the rest were just emotional ladies and/or bribed cheaters :redcard: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah if I recall correctly there was only one other person with a good taste (meaning 12 points for Eliane obviously), the rest were just emotional ladies and/or bribed cheaters :redcard: 

I wonder which of the two categories I fall under then :p

11 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Why, thank you, it was me. :teacher:

#banbestmen

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Why, thank you, it was me. :teacher:

I was 99% sure it was :cheer: 

2 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

By the way, should we have a quick discussion about how the hosting rights will be awarded in the event that the winner refuses those rights?

I believe it's good to have some clarity before the Grand Final so that everyone knows in advance.

I agree.

6 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

Definitely be good to clear this up.

My preference has always been giving the winner first refusal, followed by second and third place. If all 3 decline then an open selection where individuals or groups of members are invited to nominate themselves as the next host. However, there should be some minimum eligibilty requirements, firstly the country should have competed in the contest that had just taken place, secondly the specific member bidding should have participated in at least 2 contests and thirdly member should be active across the entire forum, not simply popping up twice a year for TISC. If all these conditions are met then I'm happy with a random draw or some convoluted game of keys to decide the host, but definitely not a vote by members.

6 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

The United States will gladly host after we win this year

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela