website statistics

Road Cycling Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

hckošice

52 minutes ago, dcro said:

Christine Majerus won yesterday and placed second today in races in France. That gives Luxembourg 140 points and that should be enough to qualify more than one rider for them. :yes

Meanwhile, :LTU Daiva Tuslaite finished 4th today and got 35 points. Looks like she caught the last train for Rio as she now has 98 points, what is likely going to be enough.

:fingers: ... Current level of our ladies is simply unacceptable

According to my calculations, this is how final standings and quota for Women Road should look:

Rank Nation  Points Quotas
1 Netherlands  3414.00 4
2 United States  2778.00 4
3 Italy  2141.25 4
4 Australia  1710.50 4
5 Germany  1615.75 4
6 Poland  1501.50 3
7 Sweden  1474.50 3
8 Great Britain  1472.25 3
9 Canada  1187.50 3
10 Belgium  1080.00 3
11 France  971.00 3
12 South Africa  849.50 2
13 Luxembourg  732.25 2
14 Russia  583.00 1
15 Belarus  539.25 1
16 Ukraine  538.00 1
17 Finland  490.00 1
18 New Zealand  439.50 1
19 Cuba  436.00 1
20 Mexico  377.00 1
21 Switzerland  367.50 1
22 Spain  349.00 1

Qualifying through individual rankings:

41 Ting Ying HUANG  Chinese Taipei  275.00
59 Emilie MOBERG  Norway  173.50
69 Olena PAVLUKHINA  Azerbaijan  143.00
75 Jutatip MANEEPHAN  Thailand  132.00
76 Martina RITTER  Austria  131.00
84 Polona BATAGELJ  Slovenia  115.00
87 Daiva TUSLAITE  Lithuania  110.00
89 Antri CHRISTOFOROU  Cyprus  109.00
90 Shani BLOCH  Israel  109.00
94 Mayuko HAGIWARA  Japan  103.00
97 Paola MUNOZ  Chile  92.00

Places from continental championships go to Namibia (Africa), Venezuela (America) and South Korea (Asia). Brazil will use the host quota places.

Good job by Lithuania this past weekend earning one quota, but at the same time so sad Denmark and Costa Rica fell short of qualifying by 1.50 and 2.50 points in the end :(

There are also few reallocations in women's time trial. Russia and Belarus lose one of their time trial quotas because they qualified only one rider. Czech Republic loses its quota after failing to qualify in road race.

Ukraine, Sweden and Japan receive those reallocations. Next in line for possible reallocations are Poland, Luxembourg, France and Switzerland.

#banbestmen

Final rankings are out. It's the same as mrv wrote, except that UKR finished ahead of BLR (although that doesn't change anything).

Denmark, Costa Rica and Hong Kong just missed out on qualification.

#banbestmen

4 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

But yet again, UCI seems to not know its qualifying rules as in their document they are awarding a quota to Colombia

http://www.uci.ch/mm/Document/News/News/17/68/70/ListedesNOCqualifiés_Neutral.pdf

:facepalm:

Makes no sense whatsoever. Who knows, maybe that's how Puerto Rico got its quota in men's road race, by mistake!

#banbestmen

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

:facepalm:

Makes no sense whatsoever. Who knows, maybe that's how Puerto Rico got its quota in men's road race, by mistake!

Seems like the only explanation... don't forget in the document for track cycling they gave another spot to Colombia, which chould have been given to the Czechs.

2 hours ago, mrv86 said:

But yet again, UCI seems to not know its qualifying rules as in their document they are awarding a quota to Colombia

http://www.uci.ch/mm/Document/News/News/17/68/70/ListedesNOCqualifiés_Neutral.pdf

I think I figured it out. Brazil qualified an athlete by having someone in the top 100. The reallocation of host quota goes to the highest ranked nation without a quota which is Colombia.

1 hour ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I think I figured it out. Brazil qualified an athlete by having someone in the top 100. The reallocation of host quota goes to the highest ranked nation without a quota which is Colombia.

But Brazil has 2 quotas on the list; I don't know what mess they did again, taking one spot away from France.

1 hour ago, JoshMartini007 said:

That also explains the mystery about Puerto Rico's qualification in the men's road race! Puerto Rico was the highest ranked unqualified nation in the American tour (though only in 12th position).

This should mean that UCI is applying the reallocation of the host quotas at the end of the process, meaning that Indonesia qualified in men's BMX instead of Chile.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen