website statistics

Rowing FISA World Championships 2018

Totallympics

vor 4 Stunden schrieb OlympicsFan:

Would be great, but i don't see any decent partner he could team up with. A couple of years ago Moos/Osborne looked like the future of mens double sculls, but i dont know what happened then ...

Well, it wasn't that bad in the heats from the Lightweight double sculls: Second Place. Put Osborne in it, and they might at least have a chance for a medal.

finally, some good news for Italy...our Lightweight Double Sculls has recorded the best time overall in their class and the injection of last year's world champion in Pairs, Matteo Lodo, has revitalized our Fours crew...

so far, for what I've seen, the men's Four is the race where we can expect the best show of the entire Championships...there are at least 5/6 boats all capable of winning the Gold medal (and at the same time, risking of not even making the A Final)...:yikes:

vor 21 Stunden schrieb EselTheDonkey:

Well, it wasn't that bad in the heats from the Lightweight double sculls: Second Place. Put Osborne in it, and they might at least have a chance for a medal.

I believe it when i see it. Would be great if Germany could finally build some variety instead of always relying on both quadruple sculls and mens eight. 5 medals (those 3 mentioned before + Zeidler + mens lightweight double sculls) in Tokyo would be good, although the womens side should be much stronger than it currently is. My hope is that the strong second german team in womens quadruple sculls will be used to build a crew with medal winning potential in another event and that Naske will team up with someone else to build a strong boat for 2020 instead of trying to regain his spot in mens single sculls.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

3 ore fa, Dunadan ha scritto:

Will medals be awarded in the lightweight men's pairs (3 entries) and in the lightweight women's pairs (2 entries)?

as far as I know, A = yes, B = no...but I'm gonna try and check out deeper in the rulebook if there's something about that...

Edit: I just read the entire rulebook, and there's no reference to the medals not being awarded in competitions with less than 3 entries...therefore, I suppose that also in the women's LW Pairs USA and Italy will get their honors, despite this event is definitely a farce (well, not that the 3-crew races are really a serious thing)...:crazy:

Edited by phelps

Italy just made the final in the men's Eight...:bounce::bowdown:

and this time it's a very unexpected result, since the entire season didn't go well in this boat for Italy...

USA, AUS (from the 1st heat) and GER (they won the second heat with 1.4 secs margin over ITA) are the other boats already qualified for the A final...all the other crews must try and find their place through the repechage round...