Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
Totallympics

Rowing FISA World Championships 2018

Germany set the new world best time in 06:41.030 in the LM1x heats! What start for this Wch!

49 minuti fa, Gianlu33 ha scritto:

Germany set the new world best time in 06:41.030 in the LM1x heats! What start for this Wch!

Osborne is going to destroy the field...

and if they can find a good partner for him, the Lightweight Doubles in Tokyo already have their Gold Medal winner (RIP Ireland, Norway, Italy and the other pretenders), even if transition from single sculls to doubles is not always automatic...

and the Sinkovic bros looks in good shape, too...

I wonder how many close and exciting races we're going to have in these Champs? :mumble:

so far, both Lightweight Singles and the Women's Pairs look one-sided to say the least...meanwhile Romania maybe could make it something more than a red carpet walk for the Croatian monsters...

it doesn't look that promising for the show in general...

p.s. tv/streaming pictures production is really awful...basically from those shots you can't understand anything about the race (excepts for the set timings at 500/1000/1500m and finish line)...:facepalm::wall:

watching our men's pair boat this season is so frustrating...:cry:

I really hope next year we can get back to last year's guys, our crew of the season, our wonderful world champions...

25 minuti fa, phelps ha scritto:

watching our men's pair boat this season is so frustrating...:cry:

I really hope next year we can get back to last year's guys, our crew of the season, our wonderful world champions...

and I didn't see our men's double sculls, yet...:cry::facepalm::wall:

vor 48 Minuten schrieb phelps:

Osborne is going to destroy the field...

and if they can find a good partner for him, the Lightweight Doubles in Tokyo already have their Gold Medal winner (RIP Ireland, Norway, Italy and the other pretenders), even if transition from single sculls to doubles is not always automatic...

Would be great, but i don't see any decent partner he could team up with. A couple of years ago Moos/Osborne looked like the future of mens double sculls, but i dont know what happened then ...

Rower from :MON Monaco finished 2nd in his heat :yes

4 out of 5 Canadian boats have won their heats so far! What a great start.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb OlympicsFan:

Would be great, but i don't see any decent partner he could team up with. A couple of years ago Moos/Osborne looked like the future of mens double sculls, but i dont know what happened then ...

Well, it wasn't that bad in the heats from the Lightweight double sculls: Second Place. Put Osborne in it, and they might at least have a chance for a medal.

finally, some good news for Italy...our Lightweight Double Sculls has recorded the best time overall in their class and the injection of last year's world champion in Pairs, Matteo Lodo, has revitalized our Fours crew...

so far, for what I've seen, the men's Four is the race where we can expect the best show of the entire Championships...there are at least 5/6 boats all capable of winning the Gold medal (and at the same time, risking of not even making the A Final)...:yikes: