Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

vinipereira

Men's Volleyball Pan American Cup 2018

I think many teams are here with youth or B/C teams?

I don't see the point of hosting this right before the World Championship, it should be much earlier like the women's tournament.

1 hour ago, vinipereira said:

I don't see the point of hosting this right before the World Championship, it should be much earlier like the women's tournament.

You have a point there... USA just lost 1-3 to Puerto Rico.

3 hours ago, vinipereira said:

Canada has a mix here. All a B team minus one Olympian (Justin Duff, who iirc has fallen out of the rotation of team A)

3 hours ago, mrv86 said:

You have a point there... USA just lost 1-3 to Puerto Rico.

I think you meant to say USA beat kinda,sorta USA 1-3

Wow USA fails to qualify for Lima 2019! But they still have one more shot against either Mexico, USA, Puerto Rico or Canada (the one that fails to qualify from here)

Semifinals:

:ARG vs :CUB

:BRA vs :PUR

All 4 are qualified to the 2019 Pan American Games. Canada and Mexico will fight for the last spot here.

Mexico won the 5th place match, which means that either Canada or USA won't qualify for Lima.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vinipereira said:

Mexico won the 5th place match, which means that either Canada or USA won't qualify for Lima.

Glad for Mexico, but also quite unfair either one of those teams will miss PanAm's.

Well, if they didn't care there is nothing to do. The USA roster was a complete joke, I think it can not even be called their D team.

• Like 1