website statistics

Tennis US Open 2018

Totallympics

23 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Sure, I'm not doubting those three are amazing players. It's just that, in almost every sport the current great is always considered to be 'the best ever' or at least 'one of the best ever' :p (Federer/Nadal/Djokovic, Schumacher/Vettel/Hamilton, M Fourcade, M Hirscher, C Ronaldo/Messi etc) and it always seems like everyone forgets the possibility that maybe their competition is just, relatively speaking, not really strong leading to them winning so much as they do :d 

One can always find videos from the matches in 1970s, 1980s, 1990s and can try make some comparison. It is clear that tennis evolved. And all that "best ever" is just for the media and attention. I simply cannot compare wooden racket tennis era with the modern. Yes, Federer, Djokovic and Nadal are simply one of the greatest. There were players that could beat them once in a while but simply the couldn't do so in a long run. Their overall talent and mentality set them apart from the rest. And yes, there are many, many talented players but in sport, mentality and work ethic is as important as the talent. How one can say they are not? You watch Nadal and look what everything Khachanov threw on him and couldn't win more than one set! Nadal's will to win is something remarkable. Federer's talent and ease of play is really something to watch. Djokovic on the other hand is all around and his peak days you needed all kind of weapons to beat him. Even then, you hae two match points and bam, he strikes two return winners and turns the match on his side :d 

Serena is great, no doubt, but I have to be honest and admit that the WTA level in 2010s have been very low. Few exceptions are years 2012 and to some extent 2013.

15 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Kiki, you idiot, what opportunity for at least QF you missed :wacko: 

Obliterating top-10 players left and right and losing out when the draw is this open. It is truly unbelievable.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Obliterating top-10 players left and right and losing out when the draw is this open. It is truly unbelievable.

I really cannot describe how much that annoys me :d And it always happens to the players I like.

At least Bertens still has great chance to qualify for Singapore!

Kvitova I guess is already there, especially now when she's gonna explode in Wuhan :cool: Who cares for Wimbledon and US Open!

Millman, awesome! :d :hyper:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!