website statistics

Boxing AIBA Youth World Championships 2018

bestmen

1 hour ago, phelps said:

considering that the serial medallists are the usual RUS, KAZ and the returning on top (after a few years of "punishment") THA, I wouldn't call them the "champs of money"...:crazy:

it's just the usual political sh*t run by AIBA...:facepalm::wall:

Thats seems a little cynical to me ...... Russia has produced some real good boxers , and Kazaks and Thai also have a tradition in boxing .........

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

If i counted correctly, then the number of medals already secured by nation looks like this:

Russia 7

Thailand/Kazakhstan 5

England/India 3

Uzbekistan/Cuba

Brazil/Philippines/USA/Hungary/Egypt/Ukraine/Japan/Bulgaria/Puerto Rico/Ireland/Germany/Canada/Jordan

Surprised that France and Italy haven't secured any medals so far.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

11 ore fa, nitinsanker ha scritto:

Thats seems a little cynical to me ...... Russia has produced some real good boxers , and Kazaks and Thai also have a tradition in boxing .........

nothing cynical...just facts (and knowledge of the sport)...

the only real good (actually, great) boxers coming from Eastern Europe in the last 30 years are Ukranians (the Klichko bros and Lomachenko) or Polish (Dariusz "die Tiger" Michalczewski)...

and that's it...

all the other people from that area having success it's only because of political interests and corruption...

technically, most of them are just schematic and repetitive, they don't have creativity, they can't sustain a fast pace in the ring and they don't have power in their hands...they don't have anything that make an ordinary boxer a great boxer...

not to mention KAZ and UZB...they'd better get back to their traditional wrestling styles...that's the only thing they're good at (without cheating both with doping -look at weightlifting, another of their "special disciplines"- and by buying judges)...

meanwhile Thailand was one of amateur boxing powerhouses until a few years ago, but then the suddenly fell down into disgrace during the "Taiwanese era" of AIBA...

now it looks they're back with vengeance in the last couple of global tournaments...but at least they can say they have "tradition" and some great fighters also among the Pros in the recent past (namely the "Galaxy" brothers, Kaosai and Kaokor...they were damn good)...

AIBA is still a disaster for the sport...they're doing nothing, absolutely nothing to change their deeply corrupted soul...that's why I'm for getting rid of this everlasting farce at the Olympics (actually, I'm also for cancellation of Olympic boxing because they're not the best fighters in the world -they can be found only among the Pros nowadays- and, vecause of the nature of Pro boxing itself, they can't build a tournament matching the Olympic needs...but that's another story)...

Edited by phelps

I wouldn't say Gennady Golovkin is half-bad.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

38 minuti fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

I wouldn't say Gennady Golovkin is half-bad.

he's good, but overestimated by most people in my opinion...nothing to share with the 3 Ukranians and the German-based Pole...

the problem is that in most weight classes, especially the heaviest ones, the average quality of fighters has dropped dramaticaly in the last 20 years...and this happened mainly because nowadays field is made mostly by those boring and ordinary "machines" created by the perverted mechanism forced by the need to win a few matches among the amateur (AIBA) ranks early in their career...

p.s. my biggest boxing regret is not to have had the chance of watching more of the Cuban heavyweight Roberto Balado Mendez (especially if he had a chance to defect and turn pro)...he was such a superb show every time he used to get into the ring...

Edited by phelps