website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2032 Bid Process

1 minute ago, Dunadan said:

I don't get it...I hope Germany will host the Games in 2032, that would also be a chance to be proud of themselves and their history, why choosing 2036 on purpose? It would of course cause a lot of comparisons to that dark past, and a lot of celebrations worldwide by a certain kind of people...the bid would have no chance, the IOC surely doesn't want this kind of attention.

Last time they wanted to show, how much they changed, it finished with terror attack on Israeli athletes. I don't say it's Germans fault, but why to provoke a fate?

8 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

Last time they wanted to show, how much they changed, it finished with terror attack on Israeli athletes. I don't say it's Germans fault, but why to provoke a fate?

Security has improved a lot since then, I don't think it would be less safe than Paris or anywhere else. But choosing 2036 would be more dangerous even from that point of view...honestly I would have never thought that there were suggestions to host on the 100th anniversary on purpose.

37 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

I don't get it...I hope Germany will host the Games in 2032, that would also be a chance to be proud of themselves and their history, why choosing 2036 on purpose? It would of course cause a lot of comparisons to that dark past, and a lot of celebrations worldwide by a certain kind of people...the bid would have no chance, the IOC surely doesn't want this kind of attention.

Well. From what I understand, some people feel that it'll be the attention needed to stop that comparison in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

If Germany hosts 2036, the good thing is 'The '36 Olympics' will from then on by something not dominated by thoughts of Hitler :p (depending on what happens in the next 17 years of course, just assuming there's not a new Hitler on the rise)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 months later...

Very interesting, every single Olympic insider thought it was a done deal for :AUS. I wonder what NOC is whispering in Bach’s ear :dunno:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

There was a multi-city project in Germany interested. I wonder if they are still considering it. I am sure Shanghai will throw its name into the hat if no other bids come up. I'd imagine Australia is the clear favourite at this point.

Secretly, hoping Toronto throws its name into the hat, but it ain't going to happen.

34 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Very interesting, every single Olympic insider thought it was a done deal for :AUS. I wonder what NOC is whispering in Bach’s ear :dunno:

Why would it be awarded next year? It should be awarded in 2025 at the latest. There's still an entire Winter Olympics in 2030 to figure out

Just now, ofan said:

Why would it be awarded next year? It should be awarded in 2025 at the latest. There's still an entire Winter Olympics in 2030 to figure out

That's if anyone bids for 2030 lol. Though I'd imagine Sapporo or the USA will get it.