website statistics

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2026

Totallympics

4 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Botswana should have won. Of those 4 it's currently the most stable country. 

Honestly I can't even remember ever hearing about any trouble from Botswana, so I agree.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 1 month later...

After over an hour of chit-chat, :SEN Dakar has now officially been confirmed as host of the 2022 Youth Olympics. 

(Not really a surprise, as they were the only candidate)

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1070831/senegal-officially-awarded-2022-youth-olympic-games-at-ioc-session

Senegal's President, Macky Sall, says the country are set to construct a 50,000 capacity Olympic Stadium, as well as renovating another stadium.

My reaction to this idea: :facepalm:

9 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

Senegal's President, Macky Sall, says the country are set to construct a 50,000 capacity Olympic Stadium, as well as renovating another stadium.

My reaction to this idea: :facepalm:

Have Senegal struck gold? :d And money for the workers from where? On the other hand those workers probably won't get paid, so it's possible. 

3 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Have Senegal struck gold? :d And money for the workers from where? On the other hand those workers probably won't get paid, so it's possible. 

According to Lydia Nsekera, a member of the FIFA Council, and candidate for the Presidency of the Association of National Olympic Committees of Africa (ANOCA), believes that this event will be continent-wide and other nations will "chip in" to help Senegal. 

17 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

According to Lydia Nsekera, a member of the FIFA Council, and candidate for the Presidency of the Association of National Olympic Committees of Africa (ANOCA), believes that this event will be continent-wide and other nations will "chip in" to help Senegal. 

Yeah, because other nations are so rich.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

11 hours ago, Federer91 said:

China will most likely build the stadium. They have just built a 20’000 seat Wrestling Stadium in Senegal https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/largest-in-africa-chinese-built-wrestling-stadium-helps-senegal-promote-national-sport.568922/

This is very common across most sporting events in developing countries and often comes with unusual loan structures, for example Angola’s Chinese built stadiums are paid off by oil exports and other smaller stadiums are gifted by the Chinese government. It’s very controversial though!

1 hour ago, uk12points said:

China will most likely build the stadium. They have just built a 20’000 seat Wrestling Stadium in Senegal https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/largest-in-africa-chinese-built-wrestling-stadium-helps-senegal-promote-national-sport.568922/

This is very common across most sporting events in developing countries and often comes with unusual loan structures, for example Angola’s Chinese built stadiums are paid off by oil exports and other smaller stadiums are gifted by the Chinese government. It’s very controversial though!

They do it so countries will recognize then as the legitimate China and not (in my political opinion) the real China (Taiwan or Republic of China)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

40 minuti fa, Olympian1010 ha scritto:

They do it so countries will recognize then as the legitimate China and not (in my political opinion) the real China (Taiwan or Republic of China)

Nah, they have another objective... It's very hard for me explain it in English, but I will try.

China starts a massive founding in Africa and they have economical agreement with 53 African states (only South Africa is excluded) and it's part of the new silk road.

China gave without any problems money to the African states with a low interest rate (around 0) but they colonize and corrupt the African agricolture system. The biggest problem is that the Chinese population want eat different foods (Mao's time when the population was content with only rice are finished) so they start the agricultural policy of monoculture and buy African products at low price. Basically they destroy all African's chance to develope in agricolture and start a new colonization. 

Welcome in the 2018, an amazing wold with too much geopolitical interests.

PS. (This is a simplification, I can't do more with my English :p)