website statistics

Women's Volleyball CEV European Championship 2019

Totallympics

Just now, VolleyRuller96 said:

What have they done in set 1, that's crazy :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: Who would suspect we will start the match against :ITA by winning a set 25-14 !:bounce: ?

So it looks Italy want travell to Slovakia for the next match then, not really surprising, easiest opponent for them, but the travel in our roads can cost them some forces at the end of the tournament

16 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

Italy has no motivation to win this match tbh...and if they lose 3-0 or 3-1 they'll also have an easier draw.

Why? If they win the group, Italy will play Spain, the 4-th placed team in Pool D. Meanwhile, if we would win this match 3-0 or 3-1 we would also win the group, and Italy would take 2nd place and have to play against Slovakia. Which is at least  as good as Spain and will also have the entire stadium supporting them during their eightfinal, so TBH I don`t think there would be many benefits in giving this match up.

Not that it would happen, since Italy won the next 2 sets ;)

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

Why? If they win the group, Italy will play Spain, the 4-th placed team in Pool D. Meanwhile, if we would win this match 3-0 or 3-1 we would also win the group, and Italy would take 2nd place and have to play against Slovakia. Which is at least  as good as Spain and will also have the entire stadium supporting them during their eightfinal, so TBH I don`t think there would be many benefits in giving this match up.

Maybe because Serbia will be in their part of draw.

Just now, dareza said:

Maybe because Serbia will be in their part of draw.

Oh yeah, that`s right, I was only thinking about the eightfinals.

But still, the other half of the draw has Turkey and Netherlands in it, so it`s also very chalenging.

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

Now it can't happen anymore because Italy has won the group... but Spain or Slovakia will be a sure win (yeah, Slovakia a bit harder at home but no way Italy lose against them) while Germany in quarters and Turkey or NED in semifinal would have been easier than Russia/Poland in quarters and Serbia in semifinal

Edited by Dunadan

We surprisingly win 3-2 and take the 2nd place in our group, which drastically shakes things up regarding the next phase.

We manage to evade :RUS for now, and will play :ESP in the eightfinal

This is a very bad news for :BEL and :SVK because they will have to play :RUS and :ITA respectively, instead of playing against each other as was expected. 

well I think Italy did everything to lose, they had 5 serve errors in tie break and Sorokaite herself gave 4 points (3 directly and one more) because of her poor reception and still Mazzanti didn't replace her !

at first it was just weird for me the way Italy played in last 2 sets, then I came and read your posts about "hosts can't play together rule" so we know Italy will play Slovakia. but will they send Slovakia to the top half ? or they will send Italy to the bottom half ? if that's the case then I can say Italy lost the match on purpose .

Edited by MHSN