website statistics

Women's Volleyball CEV European Championship 2019

Totallympics

Just now, VolleyRuller96 said:

Apparently there is again some confusion regarding technical time-outs. In some host countries there's no breaks after 8th and 16th point, while other countries still  kept it in place :facepalm:Oh, CEV...

lol, I haven't watched volley since the last SOG, so I was very confused when there weren't tech time-outs in Budapest. 

and the day after came the 4th win in history at a major tournament, during the first two days the girls equaled the amount of wins our womens volleyball achieved in all history so far until this ECh, but now I guess we slowly arrived to the end of the fairytale against BLR GER and RUS :d However the historic qualification for the knockout-round is very close and it´s already one dream achievement for us.

69584490_2663330510365256_42050564935752

Just now, LDOG said:

Wow :FIN 2-3 :TUR

I am not that surprised at this kind of results. When the GS is so pointless for the top teams because of the tournament having waaaay too many subpar teams, they tend to "fall asleep" during the first stage of the tournament. 

Just now, Vektor said:

I am not that surprised at this kind of results. When the GS is so pointless for the top teams because of the tournament having waaaay too many subpar teams, they tend to "fall asleep" during the first stage of the tournament. 

That's true, but at the other hand it is always a bigger motivation for the weaker teams to play against the strongest ones, especially if such nations are the host. I think :FIN played very well today and deservedly got a point, we'll see how they perform against other teams. Also this shows that the gap between teams gets smaller (not only in volleyball, in sports like handbal, basketball or hockey surprising results also happen more frequently than they used to) and the sport is evolving.

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk