website statistics

Men's Ice Hockey NHL 2018 - 2019

phelps

On 19/04/2019 at 17:10, hckosice said:

The bad news is Marko Daňo was called by Winnipeg to help the Jets in the Stanley Cup play-offs after his Manitoba finished the season in AHL out of the Play-Offs.

and Winnipeg is out :lol: Still I can not understand why they wanted so much to call him back, since he was not in the line up for last night match at all. but that´s cool, another free forward for us

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

and Winnipeg is out :lol: Still I can not understand why they wanted so much to call him back, since he was not in the line up for last night match at all. but that´s cool, another free forward for us

and Nashville's also with their shoulders to the wall...if they go out, a lot of interesting options for many teams (especially SWE and SUI...Forsberg, Arvidsson, Ekholm and Josi, just to name the top 4, but they're not the only stars of that team, we all know) will be on the table for the world champs...

however, this year's NHL playoffs are really the craziest I've seen in quite a few years (p.s. I'm reading too many comparisons between Columbus and the 2012 LA Kings...be serious, people! :whistle::finger:)...

Edited by phelps

• 1 month later...

and finally, after 3 rounds full of surprising results, we know the names of the 2 teams playing for the Stanley Cup: it's gonna be a battle between the Boston Bruins and the St.Louis Blues...:cheer:

Boston basically only had 1 very competitive match-up (round #1 vs Toronto) and then destroyed their following opponents (Columbus and Carolina), improving game after game...

St.Louis, instead, after a relatively easy 1st round vs Winnipeg, had to fight hard for 7 games against Dallas and finally they had to turn around all the odds against San Josè, which they did in 6 games, helped also (mainly? :mumble:) by the injuries to 3 of the SJ star players, who heavily affected the outcome of the entire series (even if in games #5 and #6 SJ looked also mentally already out of contention :facepalm:)...

both teams are built more or less with the same philosophy (great believe in their goaltending, quite defensive style of play, solid group strategy rather than superstars-filled lineup -even if Boston have 2/3 guys like Marchand, Bergeron and Pastrnak, who can't be considered "average players within the group")...so, I don't know what to expect from these Finals...for sure, there's a high risk to watch not exactly the most exciting hockey we could have...

fun fact, St.Louis on January 3rd were dead last in the NHL standings, the worst team of the entire league...then, they discovered a phenomenal Jordan Binnington and who knows how? they've been able to turn things completely around...

now, they're ready to play the Stanley Cup Finals for the 4th time in their history (they already played 3 consecutive Stanley Cup Finals from 1968 through 1970, but they lost all of them, the first 2 against Montreal and the last one against the same Boston Bruins they're going to face this year)...

the Finals (best-of-7 series, of course) are scheduled to start next Monday, May 27th in Boston (all games set to drop the puck @ about 8.20 p.m. ET in North America, 2.20 a.m. of the following day CET)

full Stanley Cup Finals schedule:

https://www.nhl.com/stanley-cup-playoffs/

Edited by phelps