website statistics

Athletics Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

37 minutes ago, uk12points said:

The GB athletics selectors have announced the first 6 athletes for Rio 2016.

Event Athletes
Men's Marathon

Callum HAWKINS

Derek HAWKINS

Tsegai TEWELDE

Men's 50km Race Walk Dominic KING
Women's Marathon

Alyson DIXON

Sonia SAMUELS

very unlucky that Tom Bosworth didn´t managed to make the standard. This guy is great, he won this year in Bratislava in a exhibition race in 5km with a crazy time 18:54,14 in front of many famous race walkers as Grzegorz Sudol (POL) Robert Heffernan (IRL) or Matej Tóth (SVK). I was sure we will hear something about this guy that year, but now I´m really surprised that he couldn´t overcome the standard

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

very unlucky that Tom Bosworth didn´t managed to make the standard. This guy is great, he won this year in Bratislava in a exhibition race in 5km with a crazy time 18:54,14 in front of many famous race walkers as Grzegorz Sudol (POL) Robert Heffernan (IRL) or Matej Tóth (SVK). I was sure we will hear something about this guy that year, but now I´m really surprised that he couldn´t overcome the standard

Don't panic! They haven't selected The 20km race walking team, their trials aren't until June and Tom will most likely be selected then if he finishes in the top 2.

:MEX  Mexico (First Nomination) :MEX

Men's Marathon: Ricardo Ramos Vargas (2:14.58) - just 2 seconds under the federation's required time of 2:15:00

Women's Marathon: Madai Perez Carrillo, Margarita Hernandez Flores, Vianey De la Rosa Rojas,

Next nomination will be for the 50km Race Walk, at the end of the World Cup in Rome (May 7th-8th). The last cut will be on June 5 after the national trials.

In other news, Diego del Real improved the Mexican record in hammer throw to 77.49 meters; even so, national federation ask for 78.00 meters, so he's not oficially qualified yet :wall:

Edited by mrv86

Am 26.4.2016 um 21:14 schrieb hckosice:

Why is 18:54.14 a crazy time for you? Only for british standards?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 minute ago, OlympicsFan said:

Why is 18:54.14 a crazy time for you? Only for british standards?

yes sure for british standards it´s a huge time, it´s a new NR, but yeah, not only for british. In fact it´s a very fast time it´s not so usual to see fast times so early in the season in race walking, even in indoor part of the season. but it´s true that a ukrainian guy was even faster in January.

I remember our coasch said that he wasn´t surprised by Tom´s win but with his time, he didn´t expected so fast time.

the world record is 18:07 something.

vor 40 Minuten schrieb hckosice:

yes sure for british standards it´s a huge time, it´s a new NR, but yeah, not only for british. In fact it´s a very fast time it´s not so usual to see fast times so early in the season in race walking, even in indoor part of the season. but it´s true that a ukrainian guy was even faster in January.

I remember our coasch said that he wasn´t surprised by Tom´s win but with his time, he didn´t expected so fast time.

the world record is 18:07 something.

I dont think its that fast. Two german guys were clearly faster this year (18:44 for Linke and 18:46 for Brembach) and a 3rd german guy had pretty much the same time (18:54.32 for Pohle vs. 18:54.18 for Bosworth).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.