website statistics

Athletics Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

11 minutes ago, dcro said:

No idea. Who knows, maybe one of them run the standard for all three? :lol:

:lol:

damn, they looks exactly alike, impossible to find one difference between them..I wonder how peoples recognize them, It must be a really hard job to be a boyfriend, not easy to know which is the right one, when all 3 are somewhere together:d ok I know, bad joke;) but still.. they looks exactly alike

11 hours ago, hckosice said:

:lol:

damn, they looks exactly alike, impossible to find one difference between them..I wonder how peoples recognize them, It must be a really hard job to be a boyfriend, not easy to know which is the right one, when all 3 are somewhere together:d ok I know, bad joke;) but still.. they looks exactly alike

"Morning honey, that was great last night. Ooooh waaaait a minute..... :mumble:

:p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Yohan Blake is back and posted a 9,95 100m in Kingston last weekend :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Results of Chisinau International Marathon 2016:

Marathon 42, 195 km: no good results

Semi-marathon: :MDA Natalia Clipa

:MDA Natalia Zbirnea

Men's : 9 athletes                  

Some crazy times from Semenya early in the season:

50.7 400 m (huge new PB)

1:58 800 m

4:10 1500 m (her fastest time since 2009)

I hope that IAAF stops her before Rio, otherwise she will get the 800 m gold and probably also the 400 m gold. Womens 800 m could be the most disgusting event in Rio, we also have Niyonsaba and Wambui. In the end it might very well be possible that no real woman will win a medal.

I also think that IAAF's policy is very unfair. Markus Rehm has to prove that he has no advantage if he wants to compete in Rio, but Semenya will be allowed to compete unless someone proves that she has an advantage (not that i would like to see Rehm competing in Rio).

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

4 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

50.7 400 m (huge new PB)

4:10 1500 m (huge new PB)

Those times for one athlete are already crazy in itself, but to make things crazier: did you notice that she ran those three times back-to-back-to-back in only 4 hours at the S-A Championships? :lol:

I really don't see her win 400m gold by the way if she keeps going like this (there's still a huge difference between a 50.half and a 49.half which will probably be the very least to win gold or even silver). Her 1500m would worry me a lot more than her 400m to be honest, as the Olympic 1500m final probably isn't gonna be a "speed race". 

Edited by heywoodu

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Those times for one athlete are already crazy in itself, but to make things crazier: did you notice that she ran those three times back-to-back-to-back in only 4 hours at the S-A Championships? :lol:

Yes and there were only about 50 minutes between her 400 m and her 800 m run and she had negative splits in those races ...

Womens 800 m race will be really fun to watch, "she" will play with all those girls and then destroy them on the last lap without even trying hard.

It would be really cool if she would break the world records of Koch and Kratochvilova. I always thought that the 400 m world record would be unbreakable, but now i think that Semenya is the only one who could break it in the next couple of years.

Poor Allyson Felix, she is really in a trap ... :cry:

At 200 m she cant beat Schippers and at 400 m she might be chanceless against Semenya.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

15 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Yes and there were only about 50 minutes between her 400 m and her 800 m run and she had negative splits in those races ...

Womens 800 m race will be really fun to watch, "she" will play with all those girls and then destroy them on the last lap without even trying hard.

It would be really cool if she would break the world records of Koch and Kratochvilova. I always thought that the 400 m world record would be unbreakable, but now i think that Semenya is the only one who could break it in the next couple of years.

Poor Allyson Felix, she is really in a trap ... :cry:

At 200 m she cant beat Schippers and at 400 m she might be chanceless against Semenya.

Now hold on a minute, I still think Felix has a more than decent chance to beat Schippers :d 

The bookmakers say Schippers has around 60-65% chance to win the gold, but honestly I don't agree with that. Mostly because the track in Beijing was so insanely fast, that crazy time there doesn't mean that much (of course it means something though) and because Felix has always shown to be at her absolute best when it matters most, basically for the past 10 years or so. It's nice that Schippers showed her best at World Champs, but the Olympics is a whole different level of pressure and where Felix has shown to not give a damn about that, Schippers first will have to prove that. 

Of course I agree that if nothing weird happens, Schippers, Felix and probably Thompson should win the three medals, but I don't think Schippers is such a huge favorite as people think she is. Bookmakers have odds of 4.50 for Schippers not winning a gold medal and personally I would bet some money on that if they would let me bet more than a crappy 5 euro. 

And about the 400m: I might see Semenya improve to 50.0 or something within the next few months, but getting to sub-49.5 doesn't seem like something I expect her to do (and I do expect Felix to do so). 

Edited by heywoodu

41 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

50.7 400 m (huge new PB)

4:10 1500 m (huge new PB)

I hope that IAAF stops her before Rio, otherwise she will get the 800 m gold and probably also the 400 m gold. Womens 800 m could be the most disgusting event in Rio, we also have Niyonsaba and Wambui. In the end it might very well be possible that no real woman will win a medal.

I also think that IAAF's policy is very unfair. Markus Rehm has to prove that he has no advantage if he wants to compete in Rio, but Semenya will be allowed to compete unless someone proves that she has an advantage (not that i would like to see Rehm competing in Rio).

I found the comments a little difficult to digest ...... semenya has been tested and allowed to participate under the rules..................... Unlike some of the drug freaks ...she was born the way she was ................... to say that she is disgusting is to say that a seven feet basketball player idisgusting .... they have some form of physical harmones which can cause an athelete to have an advantage ............................. once the law has been decided and she has been allowed to play as per the law ...then just admire the fact that she is a great talent and let her play ...........................

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi