Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

MantaRaymarc

Athletics Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

Hamburg Marathon

Men's Marathon

:DJI Mumin Gala - 2:14:36

:PAN Jorge Castelblanco - 2:15:57

:MRI David Carver - 2:18:20

We are basically going to have like every nation competing in marathon with this generous standards. :lol:

Women's Marathon

:EST Leila Luik - 2:42:11

:BOL Rosmery Quispe - 2:43:47

Estonian runner Leila Luik is very interesting. Her twin sisters (Liina and Lily) are already qualified in marathon so we are going to have an Estonian triplet in women's marathon. I think there is a very good chance that this is the first time that a triplet is going to compete at the Olympics!

SAM_1220-1.JPG

Edited by dcro

Nassau, Bahamas

Men's triple jump

:GUY Troy Doris - 17.10

5 hours ago, dcro said:

Hamburg Marathon

Men's Marathon

We are basically going to have like every nation competing in marathon with this generous standards. :lol:

Women's Marathon

Estonian runner Leila Luik is very interesting. Her twin sisters (Liina and Lily) are already qualified in marathon so we are going to have an Estonian triplet in women's marathon. I think there is a very good chance that this is the first time that a triplet is going to compete at the Olympics!

SAM_1220-1.JPG

Abdi Hakim Ulad beat the national A standard, which means that he is now qualified and will most likely be the only male dane in the marathon.

5 hours ago, dcro said:

Hamburg Marathon

Men's Marathon

Women's Marathon

SAM_1220-1.JPG

who is who?:d

8 hours ago, dcro said:

Nassau, Bahamas

Men's triple jump

:GUY Troy Doris - 17.10

Nice to see Guyana qualifying in men's athletics... too bad it ended Alvarez reign of two weeks as world leader in the event.

Another Mexican runner achieved the national selection time in women's Marathon :MEX Madai Perez - 2:29:27, so Mexico will have full quota in women's, but no representative in men's,as no athlete have achieved the 2:15:00 standard and it is unlikely they'll do it before in one week, as the federation selected April 24th as the date to name the nominative places in Marathon.

4 hours ago, hckosice said:

who is who?:d

No idea. Who knows, maybe one of them run the standard for all three? :lol:

:LBR Liberia's Emmanuel Matadi ran the standard in the men's 200m in Norwalk, this will be his second event (first was 100m)

11 minutes ago, dcro said:

No idea. Who knows, maybe one of them run the standard for all three? :lol:

:lol:

damn, they looks exactly alike, impossible to find one difference between them..I wonder how peoples recognize them, It must be a really hard job to be a boyfriend, not easy to know which is the right one, when all 3 are somewhere together:d ok I know, bad joke;) but still.. they looks exactly alike

11 hours ago, hckosice said:

:lol:

damn, they looks exactly alike, impossible to find one difference between them..I wonder how peoples recognize them, It must be a really hard job to be a boyfriend, not easy to know which is the right one, when all 3 are somewhere together:d ok I know, bad joke;) but still.. they looks exactly alike

"Morning honey, that was great last night. Ooooh waaaait a minute..... :mumble:

:p 

Yohan Blake is back and posted a 9,95 100m in Kingston last weekend :d 

Results of Chisinau International Marathon 2016:

Marathon 42, 195 km: no good results

Semi-marathon: :MDA Natalia Clipa

:MDA Natalia Zbirnea

Men's : 9 athletes                  

Some crazy times from Semenya early in the season:

50.7 400 m (huge new PB)

1:58 800 m

4:10 1500 m (her fastest time since 2009)

I hope that IAAF stops her before Rio, otherwise she will get the 800 m gold and probably also the 400 m gold. Womens 800 m could be the most disgusting event in Rio, we also have Niyonsaba and Wambui. In the end it might very well be possible that no real woman will win a medal.

I also think that IAAF's policy is very unfair. Markus Rehm has to prove that he has no advantage if he wants to compete in Rio, but Semenya will be allowed to compete unless someone proves that she has an advantage (not that i would like to see Rehm competing in Rio).

Edited by OlympicsFan