website statistics

Athletics Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

12 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Utilitarianism might be the answer, but as a lawyer you probably dont like this "theory"?

as a lawyer i think it`s unfair to prefer her rights to compete (1 person) over rights of thousands of runners to compete with woman with whom they are equal in chances. With Semenya it`s unfair for them but we live in times when minority rights are more important than majority. I don`t get it but she is allowed to compete so i can only cheer other woman to beat her in this unfair duel

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

8 minutes ago, dcro said:

I'm not her biggest fan either. But banning someone just because he/she is different than others (or different than typical people) is absurd. People are who they are.

i understand you but winning Olympics is sth special and other woman can eat their hearts out only to...fight for silver. I have nth against her as a woman, but as she has some extra unfair advantage i`m not cheering her at all. Well, if let`s say we have a sprinter with 3 legs (probably this is possible) or some natural extra level of some hormon who runs 100m in 9.25...should he be allowed to compete with others? I don`t think so. I think Semenya should compete with men, that would be a bit unfair for 1 person, when she competes with woman it`s unfair for all runners on this distance

Edited by Pavlo

so-if one has some advantage through doping he`s banned, she in fact has similar advantage and is allowed,this is not 100% fair, just this, plz don`t mix me with people who dislike her as a person etc. But the fact is that in hormonal perspective she is a person somewhere between a men and a woman

Edited by Pavlo

3 minutes ago, Pavlo said:

so-if one has some advantage through doping he`s banned, she in fact has similar advantage and is allowed,this is not 100% fair, just this, plz don`t mix me with people who dislike her as a person etc 

But when someone takes doping then he/she is deliberately cheating. That's completely different sphere.

#banbestmen

26 minutes ago, dcro said:

I'm not her biggest fan either. But banning someone just because he/she is different than others (or different than typical people) is absurd. People are who they are.

The situation is not straightforward at all. It's unfair for her to ban her, but it's quite unfair for the others to be competing against someone who is genetically between men and women. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 4/19/2016 at 11:17 AM, OlympicsFan said:

Some crazy times from Semenya early in the season:

4:10 1500 m (huge new PB)

I only noticed right now that that's not a new PB at all. She already ran 4:08 as a junior in 2009 :)

Obviously that doesn't mean 50.7, 1:58 and 4:10 within 4 hours is not crazy :lol: Just something I noticed now while looking at some betting odds for these events. 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I only noticed right now that that's not a new PB at all. She already ran 4:08 as a junior in 2009 :)

Obviously that doesn't mean 50.7, 1:58 and 4:10 within 4 hours is not crazy :lol: Just something I noticed now while looking at some betting odds for these events. 

I know, i noticed it the same day i wrote it, but i was too lazy to correct it ... :wall: I will do it now.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

On 17.4.2016. at 1:12 PM, dcro said:

Hamburg Marathon

Men's Marathon

:DJI Mumin Gala - 2:14:36

:PAN Jorge Castelblanco - 2:15:57

:MRI David Carver - 2:18:20

We are basically going to have like every nation competing in marathon with this generous standards. :lol:

Women's Marathon

:EST Leila Luik - 2:42:11

:BOL Rosmery Quispe - 2:43:47

Estonian runner Leila Luik is very interesting. Her twin sisters (Liina and Lily) are already qualified in marathon so we are going to have an Estonian triplet in women's marathon. I think there is a very good chance that this is the first time that a triplet is going to compete at the Olympics!

SAM_1220-1.JPG