website statistics

Athletics Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

Men's Triple Jump

:MEX Alberto Alvarez - 16.99 (NR, WL)

I'm so glad of this result, because he had already obtained the Olympic standard some days ago, but stupid Mexican federation set higher standards (as if there were enough Mexican athletes to achieve the ones set up by IAAF); I pray that this does not result in a doping case :pope:

1 hour ago, EselTheDonkey said:

Women's Marathon:

Anja Scherl at the Hamburg-Marathon: 2:27,50h This is the German standrad.

Some background to her:

She set up her previous PB of 2:36.31! last year in Hamburg and works 40 hours a week as software developer!

Some perspective about the german olympic qualification:

4 girls now have the standard, the "funny" thing is that the Hahner twins (Anna and Lisa) already thought that they were safe for Rio, but now we have 2 faster girls, Fate Tola and Anja Scherl, so it would be unfair to nominate both Hahner twins. I think german federation should nominate Tola, Scherl and Lisa Hahner.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Hamburg Marathon

Men's Marathon

:DJI Mumin Gala - 2:14:36

:PAN Jorge Castelblanco - 2:15:57

:MRI David Carver - 2:18:20

We are basically going to have like every nation competing in marathon with this generous standards. :lol:

Women's Marathon

:EST Leila Luik - 2:42:11

:BOL Rosmery Quispe - 2:43:47

Estonian runner Leila Luik is very interesting. Her twin sisters (Liina and Lily) are already qualified in marathon so we are going to have an Estonian triplet in women's marathon. I think there is a very good chance that this is the first time that a triplet is going to compete at the Olympics!

SAM_1220-1.JPG

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

5 hours ago, dcro said:

Hamburg Marathon

Men's Marathon

We are basically going to have like every nation competing in marathon with this generous standards. :lol:

Women's Marathon

Estonian runner Leila Luik is very interesting. Her twin sisters (Liina and Lily) are already qualified in marathon so we are going to have an Estonian triplet in women's marathon. I think there is a very good chance that this is the first time that a triplet is going to compete at the Olympics!

SAM_1220-1.JPG

Abdi Hakim Ulad beat the national A standard, which means that he is now qualified and will most likely be the only male dane in the marathon.

5 hours ago, dcro said:

Hamburg Marathon

Men's Marathon

Women's Marathon

SAM_1220-1.JPG

who is who?:d

8 hours ago, dcro said:

Nassau, Bahamas

Men's triple jump

:GUY Troy Doris - 17.10

Nice to see Guyana qualifying in men's athletics... too bad it ended Alvarez reign of two weeks as world leader in the event.

Another Mexican runner achieved the national selection time in women's Marathon :MEX Madai Perez - 2:29:27, so Mexico will have full quota in women's, but no representative in men's,as no athlete have achieved the 2:15:00 standard and it is unlikely they'll do it before in one week, as the federation selected April 24th as the date to name the nominative places in Marathon.