website statistics

Athletics Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

On 6.03.2016 at 5:49 PM, OlympicsFan said:

German athletics federation has lowered almost all standards to those that the IAAF announced, except for very few events (Marathon, Race Walking). The official reason is that this is a result of the recent doping scandals ... :d

I think we will now see a huge german team in athletics (which i dont like), probably because we have to make up for the athletes we "lost" in volleyball/fencing.

Some young german athletes showed big improvements in the last couple of weeks, i hope some of them will qualify for Rio:

60 m women: Pinto 7.07 (1992), Butzek (1997) 7.27, Kwadwo (1999) 7.36

800 m women: Hering 2.00.93 (1994), Klosterhalfen (1997) 2.03.37

1500 m women: Klosterhalfen (1997) 4.08.38, Krause (1992) 4.08.91

3000 m women: Krause (1992) 8.49.43, Klosterhalfen (1997) 8.56.36, Reh (1997) 9.00.58

Womens long jump: Wester (1994) 6.95

Mens triple jump: Heß (1996) 17.00

Especially Klosterhalfen, Heß, Roleder, Wester and Krause have looked really promising this year so far, i think some of them might really surprise a lot of people in Rio.

Pinto, Wester and Hess look very promising

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

:SVK  IAAF Race Walking Challenge Permit Meeting Dudinska 50 :SVK 

1. Rafal Augustyn ( :POL ) 3:43:22, 2. Aleksi Ojala ( :FIN ) 3:46:25 h, 3. Adrian Blocki ( :POL ) 3:47:16, 4. Havard Haukenes ( :NOR ) 3:47:42, 5. Horacio Nava ( :MEX ) 3:47:44, 6. Alex Wright ( :IRL ) 3:48:31, 7. Rafal Ferdaczynski ( :POL ) 3:48:42, 8. Joao Vieira ( :POR ) 3:49:05, 9. Jose Leyver Ojeda ( :MEX ) 3:50:40, 10. Jarkko Kinnunen ( :FIN .) 3:50,40,... 23. Dušan Majdán 3:58:41, 24. Martin Tišťan (obaja SR) 4:00:43. 

On 16.3.2016 at 11:50 AM, Pavlo said:

Pinto, Wester and Hess look very promising

Pinto and Wester were pretty disappointing in Portland, but they are both pretty young, so its ok. It was the first time that Wester competed for Germany and Pinto didnt compete internationally last year, so she might have been a bit nervous. Heß improved his PB again to 17.14 in Portland and his 5th jump was about 17.60, but sadly it didnt count. Heß could even be a medal contender in Rio, if Tamgho wont get back to his old shape. 17.50 could be enough for a medal in Rio and Heß has the ability to do it. For Wester it will be pretty difficult to qualify for Rio, considering that Malkus, Mihambo and Moguenara all jumped at least 6.90 in one of the last two years. I would say that Wester and Mihambo will definitely qualify and the third place will probably go to Moguenara. Pinto has to lead our very young relay in Rio, i think she will be the oldest member of our relay, with just 24 years of age. We have tons of potential on the womens side (Butzek, Lückenkemper, Mayer, Kwadwo), but Rio might be too early. I think the medals will go to Jamaica, USA and GB. I am happy that we finally got some talent in track events. Last year we won 2 individual medals in track events, for the first time since 1999. Both Roleder and Krause clearly improved their PBs this winter, so they could really fight for a medal in Rio. In addition to that we could also fight for a medal in womens 800 m (Kohlmann, Hering) and mens 1500 m (Tesfaye). I am most impressed by Klosterhalfen, she was running very fast from 800 m to 10000 m this winter and set multiple records. At 800 m she improved the 36 year old german u20 indoor record by running 2:03:37. At 1500 m and 3000 m she set new european u20 indoor records. She also improved the 26 year old german 10 km road race u20 record (33:03) by running 32:24. I think if she wont get injured, she could qualify at 1500 m and/or 5000 m and/or 10000 m for Rio.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

5 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Pinto and Wester were pretty disappointing in Portland, but they are both pretty young, so its ok. It was the first time that Wester competed for Germany and Pinto didnt compete internationally last year, so she might have been a bit nervous. Heß improved his PB again to 17.14 in Portland and his 5th jump was about 17.60, but sadly it didnt count. Heß could even be a medal contender in Rio, if Tamgho wont get back to his old shape. 17.50 could be enough for a medal in Rio and Heß has the ability to do it. For Wester it will be pretty difficult to qualify for Rio, considering that Malkus, Mihambo and Moguenara all jumped at least 6.90 in one of the last two years. I would say that Wester and Mihambo will definitely qualify and the third place will probably go to Moguenara. Pinto has to lead our very young relay in Rio, i think she will be the oldest member of our relay, with just 24 years of age. We have tons of potential on the womens side (Butzek, Lückenkemper, Mayer, Kwadwo), but Rio might be too early. I think the medals will go to Jamaica, USA and GB. I am happy that we finally got some talent in track events. Last year we won 2 individual medals in track events, for the first time since 1999. Both Roleder and Krause clearly improved their PBs this winter, so they could really fight for a medal in Rio. In addition to that we could also fight for a medal in womens 800 m (Kohlmann, Hering) and mens 1500 m (Tesfaye). I am most impressed by Klosterhalfen, she was running very fast from 800 m to 10000 m this winter and set multiple records. At 800 m she improved the 36 year old german u20 indoor record by running 2:03:37. At 1500 m and 3000 m she set new european u20 indoor records. She also improved the 26 year old german 10 km road race u20 record (33:03) by running 32:24. I think if she wont get injured, she could qualify at 1500 m and/or 5000 m and/or 10000 m for Rio.

Pinto is the one with that horribly sad story last year, isn't she? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Pinto is the one with that horribly sad story last year, isn't she? 

Yes, you can read it here if you understand a bit of german:

http://www.bild.de/regional/ruhrgebiet/mord/vater-von-leichtathletik-star-wegen-mordes-angeklagt-43343042.bild.html

:cry:

I am very "proud" that she came back so strong, many other athletes/people never wouldve been able to recover. Its amazing that she came back so strong, improving her 60 m indoor PB by 0.16.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

Yes, that's the one I meant (I knew because you pointed it out to me last year :p )

That's terrible and because of that she's the German athlete I would like the most to see having success (I know a medal isn't realistic, at least individually, but one can always hope of course for some sort of miracle). 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Yes, that's the one I meant (I knew because you pointed it out to me last year :p )

That's terrible and because of that she's the German athlete I would like the most to see having success (I know a medal isn't realistic, at least individually, but one can always hope of course for some sort of miracle). 

You dont want "Der Harting" to win a medal? Why? He is such a nice guy ... :cry: