website statistics

European Championships 2018

Totallympics

Interesting, that the Multisports European Championships site is using NOCs in the schedule (is this a attempt to became the real European Games ?) :d https://www.europeanchampionships.com/results/en/all-sports/noc-schedule.htm

but when will they start the Live Results app ?

e0b15852-685e-4337-9008-0b4d43bda3ec.png

10 hours ago, hckosice said:

Looks like they finally started to work on it, the Artistic Gymnastics start lists etc for tomorrow are in, https://www.europeanchampionships.com/results/en/all-sports/competition-schedule.htm

Rowing is less than an hour away from the start and there are not even start lists. This whole thing is an even bigger joke than the European Games....I mean, look at Totallympics: the fact this 'event' is not even talked about in it's own thread or in 'Athletics at the European Championships Thread' threads says enough about 'the European Championships' really not being 'a thing'. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Rowing is less than an hour away from the start and there are not even start lists. This whole thing is an even bigger joke than the European Games....I mean, look at Totallympics: the fact this 'event' is not even talked about in it's own thread or in 'Athletics at the European Championships Thread' threads says enough about 'the European Championships' really not being 'a thing'. 

It's a joke. I mean, come on, putting Berlin's athletics Europeans and Glasgow's track cycling in the same boat and calling it European Championships is just about the stupidest thing I've heard.

#banbestmen

5 minutes ago, dcro said:

It's a joke. I mean, come on, putting Berlin's athletics Europeans and Glasgow's track cycling in the same boat and calling it European Championships is just about the stupidest thing I've heard.

Have you heard anything at all in your media calling it 'The European Championships'? I mean, here in Dutch media there has been a slight mention of these events being put together, but apart from that mention stuff is just called 'the European athletics/swimming/rowing/gymnastics championships', being several stand-alone events.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Have you heard anything at all in your media calling it 'The European Championships'? I mean, here in Dutch media there has been a slight mention of these events being put together, but apart from that mention stuff is just called 'the European athletics/swimming/rowing/gymnastics championships', being several stand-alone events.

I don't think so. Whole concept sounds like the British "Mo Farah" and "3000m walk WR" hype. :p

#banbestmen

5 minutes ago, dcro said:

I don't think so. Whole concept sounds like the British "Mo Farah" and "3000m walk WR" hype. :p

Dude, Mo Farah has quit the track, can't we just pretend he never happened instead of keep bringing him up? :p 

16 minuti fa, dcro ha scritto:

They do actually it's a commercial event for the TV, nothing more...

il y a 54 minutes, dcro a déclaré:

It's a start, and it's working (at least here). Four pages on today's l'Equipe, 100 hours+ of live broadcasting on public television. For sports like rowing or triathlon it will be the best they ever got outside of the olympics.