website statistics

Canada National Thread

juddy96

Veteran Audrey Lacroix booked her ticket for her third Olympics with a win in the women's 200m butterfly. Sydney Pickrem won the women's 200m IM and will be joined in Rio by first time qualifier Erika Seltenreich-Hodgson. Finally, Canada's 4x100m free relay will consist of Santo Condorelli, Yuri Kisil, Markus Thormeyer and Evan Van Moerkerke, with Condorelli and Kisil swimming the event individually.

5 hours ago, intoronto said:

Big weekend for Canadian summer sport so far.

3 gold medals at the Diving grand prix

Tory Nyhaug won gold in the men;s time trial bmx world cup event 

looks like that gold medal jinx looks over

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

• 3 weeks later...

Aaron Brown with a 20.00 in the men's 200.

Brandon McBride with a 1:44.63 in the men's 800 (world leading time).
Damien Warner hit 8.04 in the long jump

Athletics Canada ‏@AthleticsCanada  8h8 hours ago
Athletics Canada Retweeted Gar Leyshon
RT @Statman_Jon: So far in 2016, @DamianWarner has set PBs of:

46.64; 400m
50.25m in the discus
8.04m in the LJ

if he hits all his personal bests in Rio he will get 9101 points!

World Champs Barber and Drouin won at the Drake relays (though at heights less than what they are used too)

• 2 weeks later...

I am on business trip to Canada,

I have to say nice country but I think Rio for your country will not be very good. I expect 0 gold medals won and maybe 15 medals total. Stick with winter sports.

21 minutes ago, India said:

I am on business trip to Canada,

I have to say nice country but I think Rio for your country will not be very good. I expect 0 gold medals won and maybe 15 medals total. Stick with winter sports.

dude ....are you going to all the national threads and say they suck ???? ,....................... you just now said that India sucks in sports ................... now you are saying that canada sucks ...................... and you are putting a name saying India  to say you are from India .................. you seem to be some type of trouble maker ................

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi