website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2018 - 2019

hckošice

24 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

Top 10 for Stjernesund in her World cup debut. :thumbup:

24 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Stjernesund getting a top-10 in her World Cup debut :bowdown:

I know, conditions and stuff, but that is really, really impressive.

Well, Eurosport commentators were talking during the first run how Norwegian skiers have to reach a really good level before they are allowed to make a WC debut. This pretty much supports that.

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Well, Eurosport commentators were talking during the first run how Norwegian skiers have to reach a really good level before they are allowed to make a WC debut. This pretty much supports that.

I think Mowinckel's otherwise unexpected success last season made the coaches a little bolder in selection. Besides the post-OG season usually throws up more new names than any other in the 4-year cycle.

Men's GS could be a mess based on the weather reports. It's supposed to snow all day and night in Solden and the wind could be stronger.

10 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I understood them saying "extra ordinary" but I don't know whether they were talking about Brignone or Worley... probably the former ;)

On RAI they were actually in awe of Worley and comparing her run to Caravaggio's works :evil:

7 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Don't tell me you're one of them summerphiles :nopompom:

At least you all get snow once in a while. It hasn’t snowed where I live in 7 years.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

27 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I've heard about Caravaggio long before wikipedia was invented ;)  I wonder how would these modern kids learn about stuff without the luxury of internet? :old:

The library :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!