website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2018 - 2019

hckošice

2 hours ago, ChandlerMne said:

I prefered slalom over other disciplines. Up until this season. I watched every single race this year and its only about mistakes. As most technical discipline it doesnt give a space for many mistakes but since Levi its mistake after mistake. Like i said,Swartz,Aerni,Yule,Grange,it was painfull to watch them,at least for me.

Julien could win this just like Ryding almost finished on podium in Madona after he started 27th. With this low level of skiing even Kamerlander,in some crazy scenario,could enter top 10. Everything is possible. I watched Madona and it was ridicoulus. How often do you see 50+ BIBs qualifing or even entering top 15? Zagreb wasnt like that but overall technical level of skiing was very low.

How many top 10 DNF2 or lowered their position? If i am correct,only Hirscher,Feller,Pintaurault and Noel remained or bettered their positions. 

Rodes is doing just fine,no doubt. He was excellent in 2nd round and he deserved his position. I follow him since 2016 and i know what he can. Unlike 90% of skiers he improved in 2nd run. 

Two 30+ Bibs made top 10 in Madonna (Istok and Razzolli), and only one today (Istok). Sport is not ugly because of that. After all, they are Olympic (!!) and World junior champions. And slalom has been like that since forever. Meillard, Schmidiger, Rochat, Simonet all made top 10 last season with 30+ Bibs. Hirscher achieved his first podium with 30+ Bib.

Kammerlander making second run is just nonsense... He simply does not have a technique of a World class racer.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

55 minutes ago, dcro said:

Two 30+ Bibs made top 10 in Madonna (Istok and Razzolli), and only one today (Istok). Sport is not ugly because of that. After all, they are Olympic (!!) and World junior champions. And slalom has been like that since forever. Meillard, Schmidiger, Rochat, Simonet all made top 10 last season with 30+ Bibs. Hirscher achieved his first podium with 30+ Bib.

Kammerlander making second run is just nonsense... He simply does not have a technique of a World class racer.

Overall,yes,2 finished in top 10. But after 1st round at least 7 skiers with BIB 35+ finished in top 30. Kranjec who was 3rd last (BIB probably around 65 or higher) also qualifed. Strangest race ever. Stranger than Ivica and his 2001 victory.

Actually,discipline isnt ugly because of high BIBs finishing good but because of many mistakes overall. And its just in men's competition. Girls,let alone Michaela's dominance,are much more attractive to watch. Yesterday's cometition was miles ahead of this one. So,i am not complaining about Razzoli and Istok,i am complaining about Matt,Schwartz,Zenhausern,Yule,Aerni,Grange,Hargin,Henrik. I am not satisfied with them today and, overall, this season. 

Yes,i know that slalom is specific in that sense. But again,its not problematic to have high BIBs finishing high,its about so many technical mistakes and so on. In this race,almost 30% skiers in 2nd round DNF. Of the remainning 21, majority were bad enough not to save their starting position. Of the top 10 only FOUR were on the same level as in 1st run. Considering top 15,maybe 6 of them were on the same level as in 1st run. And it was same as in Madona. Those 2 races were probably worst i have seen in a while. And thats why i think slalom is becoming ugly. Maybe just an exception,we will see.

Of course,its only my opinion. Beauty is only in the eye of the beholder. For me its ugly,for you it could be quite opposite. Plus,with Croatian success you have a reason more to hold it most beautifull race ever. ;)

Unfortunetelly,i have seen Kamerlander skiing,he was mentioned only figuratevelly speaking. You know what i meant. :)

Edited by ChandlerMne