website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2018 - 2019

hckošice

Just now, dcro said:

Alice Robinson enters the top 10. :woot:

Holy crap that girl is 17, is that a genuinly good skier from the souther hemisphere in the making? 

Also Brem is 5th. Please, please, please let this be the start of a return to her best. 

Just now, Gigs said:

Holy crap that girl is 17, is that a genuinly good skier from the souther hemisphere in the making? 

Also Brem is 5th. Please, please, please let this be the start of a return to her best. 

She won the junior worlds a couple of weeks ago.

I feel like the Southern hemisphere athletes should have room for much improvement. Like everyone else, they are on the road during the season, but in the off-season they can train in their backyard basically. That alone should help their motivation tremendously. No wonder the Simari Birkners are everpresent.

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

She won the junior worlds a couple of weeks ago.

I feel like the Southern hemisphere athletes should have room for much improvement. Like everyone else, they are on the road during the season, but in the off-season they can train in their backyard basically. That alone should help their motivation tremendously. No wonder the Simari Birkners are everpresent.

True, it's just that I don't know whether there has ever been a southern hemisphere skier who was succesful in the world cup. 

Brem was just interviewed on Austrian tv and you could see she was close to tears. She went through so much over the last three years after probably being the best gs skier in the world for two years and now for the first time since 2016 she finally got a good result again. I can't put into words how happy I feel for her. 

Mark my words, she will be on the podium in soldeu