website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2018 - 2019

hckošice

vor 14 Stunden schrieb ChandlerMne:

Noel is really becoming great. Well done,he is still so very young. :bowdown:

Noel is great but at this age starting to get podiums is really already expected for a talent like him. As a comparison, Kristofferson won his first race aged 19 and at noel's age he was dominating Hirscher for the complete 2016 Slalom season

Edited by Gigs

7 hours ago, Gigs said:

Noel is great but at this age starting to get podiums is really already expected for a talent like him. As a comparison, Kristofferson won his first race aged 19 and at noel's age he was dominating Hirscher for the complete 2016 Slalom season

With such strong dominance of Marcel,Henrik in first place and few others,seeing a new face is somehow refreshing for me.

Actually,i agree with you,21 year old skier isnt that promissing,considering we had few skiers who won a race when his age. In that sense,he is already somehow late for this success. But if i am not mistaken,majority of contemporary skiers are "late" boomers. Aksel Lund Svindal won his 1st race when 23,Beat Feuz was 24,Jansrud 27. When talking about slalom,except Henrik,situation is similar. Myhrer was 23 when first finishing top 3. Michael Matt was also 23. And so on...

I can only recall Schiffrin,considering women, winning a race when 17 or 18. 

So,i agree with you,but these days majority of skiers are 22 or 23 old when entering top 3.

Correct me if i am wrong.