website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2018 - 2019

hckošice

Ok, I got my hopes up when Istok almost made 2nd run at Saalbach's chopped up course with Bib 65 or something. But damn... I never imagined he could possibly get a pair of 7th places immediately after. :bowdown:

So for the next race we'll have two in top 30. Unreal.

#banbestmen

4 minutes ago, dcro said:

Ok, I got my hopes up when Istok almost made 2nd run at Saalbach's chopped up course with Bib 65 or something. But damn... I never imagined he could possibly get a pair of 7th places immediately after. :bowdown:

So for the next race we'll have two in top 30. Unreal.

Istok will even start with a bib26.

Pinturault now in top7 slalom group as well and Schwarz fell back to 8-15 range. Noel back to the 8-15 group as well.

Looking at replay,i can say that slalom is becoming ugliest discipline overall. 9 skiers DNF 2,more than 20 DNF1. BIB 30+ now can even win a podium mainly because favorites usually fail to show anything special. Being in top 10 doesnt mean a thing. I like surprises but this is just ugly to watch. With this,even 40 years old Lizeraux can win a race. 

53 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

Looking at replay,i can say that slalom is becoming ugliest discipline overall. 9 skiers DNF 2,more than 20 DNF1. BIB 30+ now can even win a podium mainly because favorites usually fail to show anything special. Being in top 10 doesnt mean a thing. I like surprises but this is just ugly to watch. With this,even 40 years old Lizeraux can win a race. 

Correction, there have not been any favorites in slalom in 2-3 years. Hirscher wins and anyone else can be 2nd or 22nd in any given race. Ugly discipline i agree.

Edited by Federer91

50 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

How can an event with a rich history suddenly become so ugly, basically overnight? And based on what do you think Lizeraux could win a race? Hirscher, Pinturault, Feller is hardly a surprising or random podium, just like any other podium from this season.

And for the record, about 7/9 DNFers had slower splits (or slower 1st run) than Istok. So, yes, this top 10 does mean a thing.

#banbestmen

11 minutes ago, dcro said:

How can an event with a rich history suddenly become so ugly, basically overnight? And based on what do you think Lizeraux could win a race? Hirscher, Pinturault, Feller is hardly a surprising or random podium, just like any other podium from this season.

And for the record, about 7/9 DNFers had slower splits (or slower 1st run) than Istok. So, yes, this top 10 does mean a thing.

I prefered slalom over other disciplines. Up until this season. I watched every single race this year and its only about mistakes. As most technical discipline it doesnt give a space for many mistakes but since Levi its mistake after mistake. Like i said,Swartz,Aerni,Yule,Grange,it was painfull to watch them,at least for me.

Julien could win this just like Ryding almost finished on podium in Madona after he started 27th. With this low level of skiing even Kamerlander,in some crazy scenario,could enter top 10. Everything is possible. I watched Madona and it was ridicoulus. How often do you see 50+ BIBs qualifing or even entering top 15? Zagreb wasnt like that but overall technical level of skiing was very low.

How many top 10 DNF2 or lowered their position? If i am correct,only Hirscher,Feller,Pintaurault and Noel remained or bettered their positions. 

Rodes is doing just fine,no doubt. He was excellent in 2nd round and he deserved his position. I follow him since 2016 and i know what he can. Unlike 90% of skiers he improved in 2nd run. 

43 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Correction, there have not been any favorites in slalom in 2-3 years. Hirscher wins and anyone else can be 2nd or 22nd in any given race. Ugly discipline i agree.

Yes,there is 99% probability that he,if doesnt make huge mistake,will win a race. Henrik,Myhrer,Yule,Matt,Ryding,Aerni,Meillard,Grange,they were closest to podium last year or two. Now,more confussion than ever. Henrik is struggling,Matt too. But its not only about names,what i dont like is quality of skiing. Not my cup of tea.

7 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

Yes,there is 99% probability that he,if doesnt make huge mistake,will win a race. Henrik,Myhrer,Yule,Matt,Ryding,Aerni,Meillard,Grange,they were closest to podium last year or two. Now,more confussion than ever. Henrik is struggling,Matt too. But its not only about names,what i dont like is quality of skiing. Not my cup of tea.

I am missing a Naoki Yuasa in top shape :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!