website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2018 - 2019

hckošice

1 minuto fa, ChandlerMne ha scritto:

Cant say for sure but it looked like he hit hardly with his head. I hope i am wrong but that 'induced coma' report is coming... :(

to me, it looks like he's gone down more on his shoulder/back first, so maybe the hit to the head wasn't that hard...

but at the same time he's clear that he lost his senses, so that's really scary...

luckily the medical team and the helicopter were very quick to react, so hopefully he's gone to the hospital early enough to prevent more serious consequences...:fingers:

by the way, still no news...the Italian TV closed down their broadcast 2 minutes ago and they couldn't say anything about him yet...

6 minutes ago, phelps said:

to me, it looks like he's gone down more on his shoulder/back first, so maybe the hit to the head wasn't that hard...

but at the same time he's clear that he lost his senses, so that's really scary...

luckily the medical team and the helicopter were very quick to react, so hopefully he's gone to the hospital early enough to prevent more serious consequences...:fingers:

by the way, still no news...the Italian TV closed down their broadcast 2 minutes ago and they couldn't say anything about him yet...

Could be. With that speed injuries are very bad. Cervical spine,blunt trauma of inner organs... just hope that quick reaction of medical team will prevent worst outcome. Like i said,havent seen fall like that in a while and i ve seen some terrible crashes. Last time i knew something terrible has happened was when Leizinger lost his leg in Kvitfjell. If i recall data correctly.

1 hour ago, phelps said:

I've got a feeling it might not be so much about what he hit first, but about what happened after that (it kinda looked like he hit with his shoulder first indeed, but then had a massive backwards hit with his neck/head against the snow/ice, sort of like a huge whiplash). 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

it looks that Gisin has "only" a fracture in the pelvis (and of course all the troubles related to the fact that he lost consciousness for quite a while on the track before being transported to the Bozen Hospital by helicopter)...

however, his condition is defined as "stable" and is future life is not under threat (the consequences to his sports career remain to be evaluated later in the next weeks/months)...

7 hours ago, phelps said:

it looks that Gisin has "only" a fracture in the pelvis (and of course all the troubles related to the fact that he lost consciousness for quite a while on the track before being transported to the Bozen Hospital by helicopter)...

however, his condition is defined as "stable" and is future life is not under threat (the consequences to his sports career remain to be evaluated later in the next weeks/months)...

Given how scary the crash was that’s probably the best news we could have hoped for.