website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2018 - 2019

hckošice

3 hours ago, hckosice said:

We can make a deal if your Ski Jumping B team will be really for sale :d Right now we have 0 athletes in this sport :( only 3 still very young girls apparently are trying it

Well, Czech Republic also went down the ski jumping gutter even quicker than Finland. This sport has become even more elusive than before. The fruit is hanging as low as it ever did. Don't remember any Slovakians in ski jumping since Martin Mesik (sp?) tbh.

42 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Well, Czech Republic also went down the ski jumping gutter even quicker than Finland. This sport has become even more elusive than before. The fruit is hanging as low as it ever did. Don't remember any Slovakians in ski jumping since Martin Mesik (sp?) tbh.

Yeah, he was the last more or less famous ski jumper, after his retirement we had one more guy competing here and there in World Cup/Continental Cup/FIS Cup Tomáš Zmoray, but his biggest success was qualifying from qualifiers to the first round in Vancouver 2010 large hill event, he decided to retire few seasons back, he was still young, but looking at the situation in this sport here, he had to gave up.

The Czechs have at least infrastructure and they always will have some depth among youth categories, so they still will have high level competitors

men's GS cancelled earlier today in Soelden will be contested on the Gran Risa piste in Alta Badia on Tuesday, December 18th (the official statement by FIS will be published tomorrow, but the Italian press and NF are already sure of that)...

therefore we're going to have 3 races on the famous South Tyrolean piste (the traditional GS on Dec, 16th and a Parallel Slalom on Dec, 17th)...

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

Yeah, he was the last more or less famous ski jumper, after his retirement we had one more guy competing here and there in World Cup/Continental Cup/FIS Cup Tomáš Zmoray, but his biggest success was qualifying from qualifiers to the first round in Vancouver 2010 large hill event, he decided to retire few seasons back, he was still young, but looking at the situation in this sport here, he had to gave up.

The Czechs have at least infrastructure and they always will have some depth among youth categories, so they still will have high level competitors

Hmm.. I've read that Harrachov is basically out of order unless they renovate it and I don't know what's cooking at Liberec?

From FIS:

The cancelled men's Audi FIS Ski World Cup Giant Slalom from Sölden (AUT) will be rescheduled in Saalbach-Hinterglemm (AUT) on 20th December 2018, with the following 

Giant Slalom, Thursday, 20.12.2018 (10:00 / 13:00 CET)

http://www.fis-ski.com/alpine-skiing/news-multimedia/official-communications/article=cancelled-men-giant-slalom-from-solden-aut-rescheduled-saalbach-hinterglemm-aut.html

1 minute ago, wumo26 said:

From FIS:

The cancelled men's Audi FIS Ski World Cup Giant Slalom from Sölden (AUT) will be rescheduled in Saalbach-Hinterglemm (AUT) on 20th December 2018, with the following 

Giant Slalom, Thursday, 20.12.2018 (10:00 / 13:00 CET)

http://www.fis-ski.com/alpine-skiing/news-multimedia/official-communications/article=cancelled-men-giant-slalom-from-solden-aut-rescheduled-saalbach-hinterglemm-aut.html

Italian media was a bit optimistic apparently :lol:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

20 hours ago, Nate River said:

Too bad they don’t reacheduel for, say, Monday. It’s not like the athletes have to be anywhere anytime soon...

I think FIS doesn't want that. It's monday and there won't be a big enough audience, because people are at work. Before i started work, that was my thought too, but now i have to reconsider that. :d 

21 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

I think FIS doesn't want that. It's monday and there won't be a big enough audience, because people are at work. Before i started work, that was my thought too, but now i have to reconsider that. :d 

I mean they reschedueled the race for a Thursday in December. Before the Xmas vacation. Not a much better time surely.

Also I guess I don’t really care about the time of the week because most races are way outside of when I’m awake anyway. The Sölden races started at 3am local time for me.