website statistics

Nordic Combined FIS World Cup 2018 - 2019

hckošice

Przed chwilą, heywoodu napisał:

Yep, two 8th places in this format since it started in 2002, that's it as far as top-9 goes.

There was also 9th place in team sprint three years ago in Lahti. I'm wondering is it possible to repeat result from WCh in Seefeld 1985 (6th place). It would be amazing.

Just now, Col_Frost said:

There was also 9th place in team sprint three years ago in Lahti. I'm wondering is it possible to repeat result from WCh in Seefeld 1985 (6th place). It would be amazing.

Considering the rest starts basically after the top-6 already finished, it should be possible.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Stage 1 in Ruka (FIN)

Men´s Team Large Hill Gundersen:

1. Germany (Frenzel/Riessle/Rydzek/Geiger)  :GER   50:23.7

2. Japan (Yamamoto/Y. Watabe/Nagai/A. Watabe)  :JPN  51:28.5

3. Norway (Moan/Schmid/Riiber/Graabak)  :NOR  52:12.1

Full Final Result HERE 

Yes, it happened! Best World Cup performance in team event ever! And even without DQ of jumpers from Norway, Austria and Russia it still would be six place.

and if the track would be at least some 500m longer POL would finish 5th for sure. Slowiok did a superb last leg, Pažout in the other hand was definitely super happy that the leg was only 5k, because few meters more and he would copletely lost the 1 minute lead he had at the start of his leg :d

Przed chwilą, hckosice napisał:

and if the track would be at least some 500m longer POL would finish 5th for sure. Slowiok did a superb last leg, Pažout in the other hand was definitely super happy that the leg was only 5k, because few meters more and he would copletely lost the 1 minute lead he had at the start of his leg :d

To be fair I also am super happy that leg is only 5k, otherwise French probably would be ahead of Poland ;) I didn't see individual times but I pressume that Pazout was weakest in his team. Vyrtval and Danek run well, Portyk very good. Instead in Poland only Cieslar and Slowiok are good runners, Marusarz did well as for his skills, but Kupczak had very weak leg. In 6k (or more) legs Chechs still should be ahead of us.

To be fair I also am super happy that leg is only 5k, otherwise French probably would be ahead of Poland ;) I didn't see individual times but I pressume that Pazout was weakest in his team. Vyrtval and Danek run well, Portyk very good. Instead in Poland only Cieslar and Slowiok are good runners, Marusarz did well as for his skills, but Kupczak had very weak leg. In 6k (or more) legs Chechs still should be ahead of us.

Yep Pažout is the weakest skier of the Czech team,  they had to risk and selected him for the last leg. but after the very good first 3 legs and the confortable gap he had to secure that 5th place, honestly no one really expected him to be so bad as he was, at the moment when from 1 minute it was only 16 seconds at the last intermediate the Czech commentator of Eurosport started already to content himself that even 6th place is a great achievement. :d

Przed chwilą, hckosice napisał:

Yep Pažout is the weakest skier of the Czech team,  they had to risk and selected him for the last leg. but after the very good first 3 legs and the confortable gap he had to secure that 5th place, honestly no one really expected him to be so bad as he was, at the moment when from 1 minute it was only 16 seconds at the last intermediate the Czech commentator of Eurosport started already to content himself that even 6th place is a great achievement. :d

I didn't expect that also. First I thought that it is some mistake when this 16 seconds appeared and then they show how Slowiok rush uphill after Czech who didn't look very well. In a moment I had hope that we can be at 5th but it was very short moment ;) 

2 hours ago, dcro said:

There will be a mass start race tomorrow. Yas! :hyper:

Followed by the ski jump? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!